Digital Features Photo Editor Job - Bloomberg
Posted 4-01-2016, offered
Bloomberg is seeking a Digital Features Photo Editor to be responsible for working with writers, editors, photographers, interactive designers, video teams, developers and web producers to create and deliver multi-platform stories that combine rich journalism with powerful visual storytelling. This editor will be responsible for driving feature ideas, coordinating complex photo assignments, and participating in the creative and design process that takes a story from pitch to publication.
The job requires a natural affinity for social media and proven success working with digital video teams. The job also requires a commitment to the best journalistic practices, impeccable judgment under fire, outstanding creativity, and strong collaboration skills. Significant experience in digital storytelling paired with an appreciation for traditional media is essential for success. The position is based in our New York office.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience photo editing/assigning for news organizations with strong digital strategy
- An entrepreneurial and energetic approach to the job
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in Photoshop and other image editing software
- Experience shooting images in studio and on location a plus
- Will be highly collaborative, self-motivated, with strong organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for storytelling on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and more
- Ability to strategically contribute to audience growth and engagement through visual storytelling
- Thorough understanding of web journalism and production along with deep knowledge of the modern digital ecosystem and its best practices
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with web tools and processes, including content management systems, HTML, Photoshop, FTP, social media, etc.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
For more information and to apply please follow the link bit.ly/1TzbSmE