Posted 29-05-2015, offered
- editing films based on a brief, an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay
- researching and understanding the purpose of the film and who the intended target audience is
- understanding the vision for the film
- editing footage and making editing decisions to follow the director’s vision
- collaborating with musician/composer to select appropriate passages of music
- collaborating with motion graphics artist to determine graphics and visual effects for the film
- syncing audio and converting footage into correct file formats
- colour, speech and sound correction
- off-loading and backing up footage from cameras
- addressing internal and external (client) revisions
- managing deliverables to meet deadlines
- being proactive in finding new ways to problem solve
Skills and qualifications:
- minimum of 5 years of professional editing experience in the industry, either in a production house or as a freelancer
- degree and/or diploma in film school or related field preferred
- a good cinematic film sense, with the ability to support the creative vision for a project through editing
- knowledge of and demonstrable experience with various video and audio formats, technologies, video and audio compression, delivery requirements, video capture and encoding
- colour knowledge and the ability to read a scope for colour
- excellent knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- experience with Adobe Audition CC
- comfortable working in a Mac environment
- great communication skills and interpersonal skills
- excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- the ability to follow specifications and work within tight deadlines
- knowledge of Adobe After Effects CC, Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X
- experience working with digital cinema cameras
- experience with documentary-style film production
If you think you can be an asset to our team, please send us your resume, including a link to your portfolio/demo reel.
About Silverpoint Media Inc.
Over the past 18 years, Silverpoint Media has built a reputation for exceptional video content through its work with a growing number of globally-recognized companies and associations. With cinematic production values and an award-winning team of media professionals, Silverpoint Media provides a unique and proven approach to video creation.
Equipped with leading production technology, Silverpoint Media is a full-service studio with video, motion graphic, custom composing and animation capabilities. From finely-scripted projects to documentary-style content, we’re primed to craft an end product that fully engages your audience.
See more at: www.productionhub.com/job/45619/film-editor