Graphic Design Intern
Posted 27-02-2012, offered
Are you passionate about graphic design and new media? Are you a diligent, organized problem-solver who can deliver using your winning communication and organizational skills?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, an internship in Graphic Design at Discovery Communications is for you! We’re looking for dedicated, detail-oriented individuals interested in pursuing a career in graphic/new media design or a related field to support our web development teams.
In an internship at Discovery Communications you’ll be exposed to all areas of the business through a solid foundation of learning through training and work experience. Discovery is proud to provide interns with an opportunity to gain an understanding of our mission, values, departments, employees, culture and commitment to quality programming, products and services.
As a Graphic Design intern, some of the things you can expect to do include:
1) Plan and execute web design projects
2) Develop website and application user interfaces
3) Help manage the development process by tracking details of web design
4) Conduct usability research to ensure optimal implementation of web design processes
5) Develop user scenarios and task analysis
6) Learn to follow development and design standards and best-practice guidelines
7) Gain comprehensive knowledge of how web design functions within the number one non-fiction media company in the world
For the 2012 year, Discovery offers internships during the Spring and Summer semesters. Discovery’s Campus Connect is a 12-week program that will run during the following dates:
Spring- January 30, 2012 - April 20, 2012
Summer- June 4, 2012 - August 17, 2012
• Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Have completed sophomore year
• Be able to commit at least 15hrs per week
• Currently be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
• Be able to receive academic college credit for participation in the program
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume. Please note that this is an UNPAID, for-credit opportunity.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s Campus Connect Internship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.