Graphic Designer at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Posted 8-04-2016, offered
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers. Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city. The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation and execution of print, digital and outdoor communication in line with established media plans. The types of projects will range from retouching imagery and resizing artwork, to developing new print solutions, campaign creative, social media artwork, corporate gifts, event invitations, presentations, photo editing and advertisements. Accountable for maintaining the integrity of the JW Marriott brand, the position is responsible for all visual creative. Responsibilities also include the supervision of brand consistency standards within the property and relevant outlets, following design briefs and guidelines. The successful applicant will possess strong knowledge in branding, identity, typography, photography and layout, as well as having excellent attention to detail, project management skills, innovation and creativity .
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Graphic Design Degree
· At least one year experience in a graphic design role in any of the following industries: media, advertising, design and marketing communications.
· Experience in a fast paced environment
· Understanding of Marriott brand principles & marketing standards
· Fluent in written and verbal English is a must
· Written Arabic is an advantage
Skills and Knowledge:
· Detail oriented with a track record of follow through and delivery
· Good project management skills
· Apple Mac / PC literate with competency in all major design packages
· Strong creative ability in the following software is a must: PDF Editor, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom. Flash is a plus.
· Fluent in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
· Strong creative abilities in HTML coding is an advantage
· Knowledgeable about working with corporate brands
· Experience and knowledge regarding the specifications for printing-related matters
· Knowledgeable about file conversions (PDF, mpg, JPEG, TIFF, EPS, ae, mp3, mp4, avi)
Video Editing Skills:
· Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, associates, customers and suppliers
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Strong organizational and time management skills to meet expectations, deadlines and commitments
· Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and flexible mindset
· All Uniformed Associates are provided with a Marriott Uniform.
· All associates are expected to wear the correct uniform, and their name badge at all times.
· You are required to maintain high standards of personal hygiene, ensuring that you are always clean and well turned out during your working hours. In the eyes of the guest, you represent Marriott.