Looking for an Art Director in New York
Posted 19-11-2012, offered
In other words, every day at UPROAR! is "Bring Your Inner Kid to Work" Day.
We probably play with more toys than all the kids at your local grade school, and in our office, it's not uncommon to eat candy for "research." But that's all part of our job. At UPROAR!, we've got to think like kids, speak like kids, and, yes, even act like kids (although some of us take that to heart more than others). We combine all of that target insight with a hefty amount of creative thinking to deliver effective, brand-building, breakthrough, and just plain awesome work for some of the biggest kids' brands in the world.
What are you waiting for? Make a change - start an UPROAR.
We are hiring a junior to mid-level art director to work on our blue chip toy account.
The Art Director's primary responsibilities are creating conceptually designed solutions for our client, and following each project through flawless execution, delivering on time and on budget consistently.
• Actively participate in concept development sessions with Copywriter partner or without partner, depending upon assignment.
• Work collaboratively with all members of the team on each assignment
• Take complete ownership in developing and producing innovative concepts that solve client's problems.
• Maintain an awareness of contemporary visual practices throughout the country and internationally in order to recognize opportunities for innovation.
• Develop the visual materials required for effective presentation of the assignment to the client, supervising the purchase of outside services as necessary.
• Advise CD, Account Executive, and Project Manager well in advance of any planned deviation from work order input and time schedules.
• Ensure all elements for each assignment are properly prepared and in job folder when job moves to production.
• Supervise the production of printed materials; including final layout, ordering type, specifying and ordering photography or artwork, supervising the preparation of mechanicals, checking mechanicals and proofs.
• Actively participate in production of broadcast materials, including pre-production meetings, casting, insuring visual accuracy, supervising all super art, viewing all forms of post production in editing, attending transfer sessions with special attention to lighting and color to help insure quality and accuracy of the finished product.
Participate in the input meeting on every assignment involving the Planner, AE, Copywriter, Print Producer, and other functional groups as necessary.
• Manage creative process within the agency with Account Service.
• Manage creative process outside the agency with Photographers, Illustrators, Producers, Comp Artists, design firms, and all other suppliers
• Demonstrate a keen interest in the client's business to develop a "hands on" knowledge
• Inspire and motivate peers with attitude, dedication, talent and unique solutions to creative problems
• Embody the values of the agency
• Promote team working environment
• Be a presence in the industry, and activelyrecruit new talent
• Offer great creative solutions that work within client's established budget
• Take financial responsibility of projects from conception to production
The successful UPROAR! art director will thrive on quick turnaround projects, embrace a high intensity work environment, be ultra flexible and possess a true committed passion for kids' targeted accounts. They will also exude a joyful attitude that is infectious to their work, client and teammates. Must also have:
Some broadcast experience, as most of the work you will be doing will be broadcast focused.
BA/BS in art, design or graduate from art school.
Portfolio which represent abilities to concept and design great advertising.
Communication - written/oral, organization, detail oriented, able to multi-task, strong interpersonal skills, strong on teamwork, does what it takes to get the job done, very strong work ethic.
Mac Proficiency in software applications PhotoShop, Illustrator, In-Design (CS2 or CS3)
Please send resume and link to your portfolio to: httphttp://bit.ly/RrX7kE
The first page will say TracyLocke - that is correct as we share a database.