Maya Lighting Instructor
Posted 9-12-2015, offered
Experience Required: 3+ Years
PIXL VISN media arts academy offers world class training for 3D animation and Visual Effects in Film Television and Video Games. We are seeking talented industry professionals to teach our Lighting Classes. Applicants should have 4+ Years of experience in their field and expert knowledge of the tools and software. Previous experience as an instructor is not essential, but is a plus.
Classes can be taught onsite at our campus in Cologne, Germany or remotely through live webcasting software, giving our instructors the freedom to work from anywhere in the world. Lessons are to be delivered in English.
Positions are part time and can be scheduled around regular working hours; each class is two hours long and is held on a weekly basis. In total there are 9 classes per quarter, for 18 hours instruction time.
Rates are between 60 USD and 95 USD per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Please supply a showreel and CV to the following email address:
Please make sure to include the position title in the subject line (Maya Lighting Instructor)
For more information about our school please visit:
Ideal candidates should have:
- Experience Createing photorealistic CG lighting in Maya
- Knowledge of V-Ray rendering software
- Extensive experience in a wide range of CG Lighting techniques and technical methods
- Experience with image based lighting and HDRI's
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug common rendering issues
a good understanding of multi-pass rendering for composite-based control
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Instructing or mentoring experience is a plus.