Senior Designer/ Art Director - Global Brand Design at Adidas Group
Posted 3-06-2016, offered
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough.
Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world.
It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections, and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning.
And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us."
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
• Communication of brand and divisional values through the design and/or art direction of brand communication projects.
• Create brand communication tools according to the briefings and fulfilling guidelines and principles stated in the visual language and creative strategies
• Lead and execute communication concepts with visually strong results
• Provide appropriate design briefings (quality and time) for external solution providers
• Direct photo shoots, illustrators, freelance designers, writer(s) and other creative(s)
• Contribute ideas and behaviors that foster highly effective teamwork within Brand Image
• Support the definition of the creative direction for Global Brand Design communication design projects and help to develop creative strategies by interacting with the Design Director
• Be aware of what is happening in the sports and graphic/product design industries
• Communicate with Design Director / Band Design colleagues
• Leadership, manage relationships and Diversity
• Planning and Organizing
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Learning and Self-Development
• Strong presentation skills
• CDE Team Leads/ Colleagues
• Brand/Retail Marketing
• Product Designer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid education and advanced experience in the creative development of communication tools
• Strong communication design skills with the ability to create impactful/exciting/strong visuals
• Strong experiences with the entire design process (project capacity and time planning, design steps, production/execution of design solution, pre-press processes)
• Demonstrated time management and priority organizational skill
• 5-10 years experience in Advertisement, Sporting Goods/Fashion Industry or Design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record in Communication Design
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Under-/graduate level Design education or combination thereof
• Outlook/Adobe Suite excellent, Word/Excel advanced
• English excellent, German/Dutch language is an advantage
• Experience and understanding of end to end Design process
• Passion for adidas and it’s mission
• Passion for sports, culture, design
Take a glimpse of the adidas Group Amsterdam behind the scenes: www.youtube.com/watch