Social Media Editor at Dazed Digital.
Posted 5-02-2016, offered
Reporting to: Associate Director, Social Publishing, Dazed Digital
Terms: Full time role with competitive salary and benefits
23 days annual leave plus public holidays.
Office located on Old Street close to Silicon Roundabout.
Creative, dynamic, friendly working environment
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
- Work with the Associate Director of Social Publishing and Head of Digital to implement the strategy for Dazed Media social media (SM) channels
- Write copy for social media posts, including re-writing headlines
- Own community management across the Dazed channels
- Distribute editorial content in formats relevant for the different SM channels
- Identify trending topics to feed back to editorial team with suggestions for how to react
- Discuss and advise on different formats/assets at the content development stage that would enhance the effectiveness of SM postings
- Help the Associate Director, Social Publishing to report on SM performance
- Support the commercial team with commercial project activation
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements.
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- 1-2 years working as a social media editor
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr and Pinterest
- Experience using social media platforms such as Tweetdeck, Facebook Analytics and Buzzsumo
- Understanding of digital storytelling, social distribution and analytics
- Eager to respond quickly and occasionally at weekends/evenings when there is breaking news
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team
- Open to sharing ideas, accepting constructive feedback to benefit you, your projects and your team
- Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about fashion, art, youth culture, music and design
- Great time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Willingness to work weekends during peak times such as fashion weeks