USER EXPERIENCE ARCHITECT / DESIGNER
Posted 23-09-2014, wanted
The User Experience (UX) Architect / Designer is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
Please note this is a Temp-to-Perm role onsite in Northern Chicago Suburbs. No relocation is available.
The UX Designer is responsible for participating in UX design project work and applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, industry design best practices and standards to create user interfaces for low-medium complexity projects. This key role will lead the online user experience while championing ideas and designs that improve business results and exceed end user needs.
• Develop information architecture, wireframes, design, user flow diagrams, style guides, prototypes and other interactive designs
• Designs must incorporate best practices and emerging trends as discovered through market research, competitive insights and user research
• Knowledge of digital design, SEO, consumer digital, media consumption and trends
• Work collaboratively with other interaction designers on interaction design principals and best practices
• Act as a liaison with our customer experience and technology teams to ensure that our interactions remain consistent across applications
• Create, maintain and implement an interaction and design pattern library to promote standards adherence governance
• Partner with vendors as needed for wireframes and graphic designs to ensure consistency in assets and optimization in project deliverables
• Keep up to date in field by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and mentor others in the UX design methodologies
• Promote importance of user-centered activities and is able to influence stakeholders to insure execution
• Minimum of 3+ years as a UX designer in highly collaborative environments in either a corporate or agency setting
• Experience with complex transactional business models
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
• Experience in MS office suite and design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Axure experience is REQUIRED.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please email your resume, portfolio and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you!