VFX EDITOR for Master Key, Toronto Office
Posted 23-01-2014, wanted
The VFX Editor incorporates all required versions (from animatics through to final composites) of visual effects shots into the current cuts of live action sequences.
Also has the ability to create a functioning environment where the Visual Effects Supervisor can evaluate any version of any shot in the current sequences for aesthetic and technical direction.
This position will also be pulling frames and organizing them for our artists, as well as deliveries and tracking.
• Maintain sequence edits and inserting visual effect shots into the timeline
• Input/Output shots from EDL's to Final Delivery
• Ensure the production database is maintained with shot counts and lineup
• Ensure that shots cut into the sequence are correct in terms of counts and lineup
• Preparing sequence edits for client approval when required
• Organize and run the dailies session and/or client reviews
• Edit show reels
Minimum Requirements and Desired Skills:
• Must be a resident of Ontario
• Graduate of University or College related film/tv industry
• Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro and/or Avid
• Working knowledge of Nuke is considered an asset
• Familiarity using Framecycler (but not required)
• Excellent communication skills
• Willing to learn, good team player in a fast paced environment.