- Vale Studio, 62 Wood Vale
- London SE23 3ED
- Tel: +44 (0) 20 8299 8847
- Fax: +44 (0) 20 8299 8827
EnglishAdd to favorites
- book publishers
Steidl: Latest magazines
showcase magazine Nov 2008 london issue 136
Steidl book publishers
Recent releases by Steidl Books:
- 'Portraits of Power' by Richard Avedon. Juxtaposing images of elite government, media and labour officials with photographs of counterculture activists, writers and artists as well as ordinary citizens caught up in national debates, it explores a five-decade taxonomy of politics and power from one of America's best-known artists.
- 'Glamour of the Gods' by Robert Dance and John Russell Taylor. A survey of Hollywood portraiture from the industry's Golden Age, 1920-1960. The photographs are drawn from the extraordinary archive of the John Kobal Foundation in London. John Kobal was the last century's pre-eminent authority on Hollywood photography, and the first collector and later author who systematically sought to understand photography's important role in creating and marketing the great stars central to the Hollywood mystique.
- 'Patrick Demarchelier' by Patrick Demarchelier: This monograph is the definitive guide to the photographic career of one of the most prodigious fashion photographers of our time. From his earliest work at Harper's Bazaar to his now mythic collaboration with Vogue, Demarchelier has single-handedly redefined the fashion photograph and with it the fashion industry. His celebrity portraits have shaped the public personae of figures ranging from Princess Diana to Madonna.
showcase magazine Oct 2006 london issue 58
Steidl book publishers
Steidl Publishers hold the world rights for the books of renowned photographers and artists, including Richard Serra, Susan Meisalas, Karl Lagerfeld and Jürgen Teller. They also work for many renowned museums and galleries.
At last week's Frankfurt Book Fair, Steidl presented their complete autumn list of both illustrated and literary titles and hosted a launch event with Günter Grass, to celebrate the launch of his latest literary work.
Following the launch of Towards a Promised Land (published by Steidl and Artangel) at the Margate Exodus on 30 September, Wendy Ewald will be giving a talk about her work at the Photographer's Gallery, London, on 24 October.