Art Director for Video Production Set
Posted Feb 25th, 2016, offered
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day direction to keep production efficient and delegate responsibilities to production assistants, production coordinator and specialists as needed.
• Collaborates with Director of Photography and Editor to determine most effective method of demonstrating product features on set.
• Research, understand and communicate to production crew the proper methods of using products according to manufacturer’s instructions.
• Creating sets and procuring props necessary for the proper display of products. Has ability to build and construct necessary set elements needed in production of videos.
• Routinely check inventory of upcoming projects and report any missing products to coordinator.
• Provide feedback and support to Director of Photography and Editor to establish necessary pick up shots or work with Coordinator to schedule.
• Collaborate with Director of Photography, Editor, and Coordinator to determine best location for ‘in use product’ production.
• Discuss with Coordinator best assistant to be used for product runs, deliveries and other errands.
• Determine prop and set needs for upcoming categories prior to production and report to Coordinator who will schedule time for procurement.
• Responsible for keeping facility in safe and clean state including routine painting of the cyc wall.
Relocation assistance not available. Equal Opportunity Employer
3-4 years video/photography set experience in production/logistics. Stylist experience is a relevant/complementary background. Experienced hands on prop/set building ability.
Preferred Personality Traits:
• Multi-tasker, highly organized
• Good communicator
• Works well on a team