Posted 21-07-2014, offered
This is a management position and he/she will report directly to the managing editor.
• Set priorities for photo content for print and online and assign photography staff to meet those goals.
• Works with newsroom editors to set the strategic content plan for photography.
• Oversee a staff of four photographers and work with local freelance photographers as necessary.
• Coaches the photo staff to ensure they meet expectations for in print and online objectives—photo galleries and other GateHouse interactive goals.
• Maintains daily photo schedule and budget.
• Works with executive editor and managing editor to meet fiscal goals for the department.
• Works with the executive and managing editors on all equipment needs for the department.
• Work with executive and managing editors on database and archiving project for photo department.
• Maintains an inventory of all Repository photo equipment.
• Contributes to the weekly enterprise and project planning meetings.
• Contributes to the creation of print and online special sections in both a leadership and support role as assigned.
• Works with photo staff to ensure they are fully versed on multimedia and print expectations.
• Leads the photo team by example, shooting still and video assignments as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Send your resume, references and portfolio to executive editor Teri Hayt, email@example.com.
500 Market Ave., S., Canton, OH 44702 -