Commercial Photo Studio Manager / Producer
Posted 10-02-2011, offered
This position requires marketing, producing, and client services background. Ideal candidate will have an understanding of what it takes to promote a photographer as well as produce photo shoots (decisions on production, locations, travel, styling, etc.). Candidate must be able to travel on a moment’s notice for photo shoots and promotion.
Candidate must also possess a strong design aesthetic and work exceptionally well with clients. Position can be financially lucrative for the right person.
** Please note – we are not looking for anyone who wishes to become a photographer.
- Handling all aspects of client relations from first phone call to image delivery and final invoicing
- Marketing and promoting photographer to advertising agencies, photo news sources, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a calendar of all source-book promotions (Le Book, Workbook, AtEdge, direct mailing, email promotions, etc.)
- Maintaining all online promotional sites (including company’s own website) and coordinating with designers when to update with current images
- Estimating and invoicing jobs
- Photo shoot coordination - from booking talent/stylists/assistants etc. to tracking job expenses
- Maintaining client database
- Maintaining inventory of office and studio supplies
- Maintaining a tidy work environment
- Executive assistant tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Marketing/Producing background (must have at least 4 years in industry)
- Ability to work under intense pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional phone manner and excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good computer skills (must be Mac proficient) including Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong aesthetic with respect to fashion, design, and architecture
- Great references with phone numbers
This is an EXTREMELY DEMANDING position. Please only respond if you meet ALL of the criteria listed above. Looking to fill position as soon as possible however we can be flexible for the right candidate.
Please send a cover letter with your resume.
email: studiomanagerjob [at] gmail dot com