Posted 9-09-2014, offered
and delivering, on time agency projects which include all print, outdoor signage and environmental
graphics. The production manager must have the ability to edit, prep files and fulfill other pre-press
work as needed.
The PM/A is responsible for estimating and pricing all services the agency delivers by calculating in-house
charges through working with the various departments and requesting estimates from outside sources.
This information is then incorporated in an estimate of costs that is delivered to the client. The PM/A is
responsible for obtaining the best price and delivery possible for all agency projects.
After acceptance of the price, the PM/A has the responsibility to issue a purchase order to the outside
resources to complete the work and to assure that when the bill is received by the agency, the price is as
quoted. Reports to the agency VP.
· Minimum 5-7 years of previous production supervision and pre-press printing experience.
· Manage production; negotiate critical dates for time and action, and approval process
· Prepare Estimates, issue PO's, keep track of order placements
· Expert knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
· Must have experience manipulating as well as prepping files in InDesign.
· Well versed in negotiating manufacturing and printing contracts.
· Anticipate and resolve printing, quality and production issues.
· Experience with on-site press checks.
· Team Player. Must be able to effectively interact with several different departments while
disseminating important information.
· Creates and updates schedules and publishes for distribution to all departments.
· Supervises work done by printers, fabricators, installers, etc.
· Sources premium items, obtaining samples and pricing.
· Understanding of environmental graphics to include signage, window graphics, vinyl graphics,
display techniques is a plus.
· Coordinates with Media Manager to meet publication material deadlines.
· Checks invoices and settles billing discrepancies with vendors; obtains approvals from Account
· Closes jobs when completed; sends to accounting for verification, then files, crossing off
· Ability to comp and create mechanicals is a plus.
· Ability to review and traffic jobs to make sure daily/weekly deadlines are met.