Senior Artist – FX @ Walt Disney
Posted 29-11-2010, offered
Any element becomes far more engaging and interesting when it moves, transforms, or explodes convincingly before your eyes! With a skilled ability to develop artistic vision, an adeptness to understand technology, and an inner drive to “wow” people, FX artists create awesome spectacle. They provide simple, elegant animation that brings environments to life, as well as more intensive and sophisticated solutions for complex problems and design challenges. FX can powerfully impact any and all elements in a scene to dramatically enhance any experience! Come help us at Avalanche to shape the future of games through an exhilarating career with all of the advantages of being a part of the world’s best known entertainment company – The Walt Disney Company!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Produce impressive FX assets, using a wide range of 2D/3D tools and technology, for a wide range of needs.
· Effectively contribute to product design, concept, and vision with solutions available through FX.
· Consistent, high quality, week to week productivity levels.
· Reliably see assets through implementation and persistently iterate until they meet/exceed final expectations.
· Collaborate constructively with individuals, and teams, providing useful feedback, and critique.
· Optimization of FX assets for multiple platforms while maintaining quality.
· Management of a complex personal task list.
· Clear and concise capture, presentation, and team delivery of game assets.
· Report to Studio FX Department Head
· Strong 2D skills and understanding of traditional art principles.
· Good animation skill and understanding of fundamental animation and timing principles.
· Well rounded proficiency in a high end 3D software such as Maya or XSI.
· Proficiency in 2D Software such as Photoshop or Painter.
· Adeptness at understanding and learning new technology and tools.
· Self motivated and driven to follow assets through to a successful end result.
· A minimum of 3+ years of successful experience working in a creative industry under some direction.
· A passion for quality video games and entertainment.
· 2D animation experience
· Experience in 3D sculpting Software such as Zbrush or Mudbox.
· Houdini, Maya, Blast Code or similar particle, simulation, or fluid dynamics software experience
· Film industry experience.
· Adobe After Effects, or other post processing software experience.
· Scripting language experience.
· BFA degree or equivalent
Please apply through the link below: