Senior UI Artist at Ubisoft
Posted 27-05-2016, offered
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors on July 2008 as Ubisoft’s 18th internal development studio. Located in Fusionopolis (a state-of-the-art Infocomm Technology and Media hub) Ubisoft Singapore is recognized today as one of Asia’s premier game development studios. It now employs a multi-national team of 300 highly talented employees that comprise of a core team of Ubisoft veterans as well as a fast growing development team ranging from recent graduates to industry professionals.
Over the past eight years, the full-fledged development studio co-developed major AAA titles such as Assassin’s Creed® II, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands®, Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood, Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™, Assassin’s Creed® Rogue, Assassin’s Creed® Unity, and most recently, Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate. Ubisoft Singapore pioneered the development of naval battle gameplay and water technology – elements first introduced in Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™ which have since become a staple feature in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Ubisoft Singapore is currently hard at work as the lead studio for an unannounced project on console and PC.
To learn more about Ubisoft Singapore, please visit www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/singapore.aspx.
The User Interface Artist is responsible for ensuring the design and the graphic production of the menus and user interfaces of video games.
He/she must create graphical menu user interfaces which will communicate the relevant information required in order to guide the player and improve the total overall player experience.
This person will work in close cooperation with the artistic director, game designers and programmers.
• Develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces
• Determine gameplay with the collaboration of the game designer and the artistic director
• Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
Qualifications and technical skills:
• Experience in working on AAA games
• University or college diploma in graphic and multi-media design or a relevant work experience
• 3 - 5 years minimum of experience in graphic design (or the equivalent) specialized in the creation of interfaces and in menu design
• Provide a portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills
• Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect, 3DSMAX, and Flash
• Comprehension of “Action Script” language
• Knowledge in Web design
• Ability to learn new operating systems
• Creative and artistic nature
• User interface usability
• Good understanding of 3D modeling