Theater Production Manager/Lighting Technician
Posted 11-08-2015, offered
Sarah Lawrence College, a highly selective liberal arts college located just north of Manhattan, currently seeks a Theater Production Manager/ Lighting Technician responsible to implement, troubleshoot with practical working knowledge of lighting designs by students, professional designers, and faculty. The Theater Production Manager/ Lighting Technician will oversee four theaters over the course of the school year.
• Lead and supervise the student crew of electricians, teaching them how to use the equipment safely and properly.
• Supervise technical rehearsals and work closely with student lighting designers as needed.
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, and be available for remote troubleshooting.
• Working with soft goods, traveler track, soft cyc, rear projection screen, and a counterweight fly system.
• Working with pipe, pipe fittings and rigging, to create lighting or projection positions when needed.
• Maintain the theater spaces, keeping equipment put away and organized in the interest of both shows and classes.
• Instruct student board operators; follow spot operators and stagehands when they arrive for technical rehearsals.
• Schedule plot due dates, hang, circuiting, and focus.
• Read, and teach, light plots and Lightwright paperwork.
• Re-order supplies according to need and the producer’s budget.
• Work the Faculty show and Alumni show at the end of the school year.
• Provide assistance to the student technical director of Downstage.
• Working with graduate students on technical requests for individual projects.
• Setting up projector, and laptops for classes and shows.
• Keep the equipment maintained in good working order.
• Setting up tech tables and running headsets for tech and shows.
• Additional duties include setting up and working a sound board, microphones and laptops for sound playback.
To apply, visit: slc.simplehire.com
SLC is an EEO employer committed to achieving a racially and culturally diverse community.
• Experience in using an Ion, Expression 3, Express 250 and Element light board.
• Understand patching and functions of moving and LED fixtures.
About Sarah Lawrence College
Sarah Lawrence College, a small coeducational highly selective liberal arts college located in Southern Westchester.
To apply visit bit.ly/1JSGiyn