Video Editor at Myriad Media
Posted Aug 1st, 2016, offered
We’re seeking a full-time Video Editor to join the Myriad Media team. We are looking for someone with exceptional editing capabilities and solid color grading capabilities.
You must value the art of story just as much as its technical execution. You push creative boundaries and challenge others to see things differently. You fight for what you believe is the best but you also know how and when to compromise (and take direction and critiques graciously). You have experience doing spot work, corporate video, branded content, and beyond, with a reel/body of work to prove it.
The video editor's primary focus is the assembly of raw footage, music and graphics into a finished product that meets quality standards and specs of a project. You will work closely with the director, senior editor and/or agency creative director to execute the vision of the project, and bring insight and creativity to elevate that vision.
A minimum of 3 years professional experience is required.
5+ years of professional experience is preferred.
- You have a strong sense of visual aesthetics, storytelling and pacing.
- You demonstrate an ability to produce different moods and feelings depending on project requirements.
- You are creative and have an ability to find and develop powerful stories. Your work moves people emotionally.
- You can assemble paper edits of interview content that are in line with goals of the Creative Brief.
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have experience in color-correction, grading and keying and are ideally experienced with Davinci Resolve and Speed Grade.
- You have basic audio mixing capabilities.
- You can design basic graphic art cards, titles, and lower thirds.
- You are able to collaborate with other post team members to evaluate and continuously improve post management, workflow, and software and systems.
- You can diagnose and rectify basic technical issues with computers, hard drives, software and plugins related to post production.
ABOUT MYRIAD MEDIA
We’re folks with super ordinary haircuts and a love for producing smart, surprising videos. We’re down-to-earth people who put good work above being flashy. We hire co-workers who will make us better, and we are excited to learn why that might be you.
Our producers and directors are hardworking, busy, and talented people who have multiple projects running simultaneously. Your job will be to help bring their vision to reality, while offering creative input to take it to the next level.
To learn more about our work and culture, explore our website and social media platforms. We are just as quirky and weird as we appear, but we work exceptionally hard. We get back what we put in to the company and we are looking for team members who have the passion and talent to take us to new places.