Video Editor/Post-Production Specialist at Lewis J. Advertising
Posted 29-04-2016, offered
This role will be focused primarily on post-production, creating media (sound and picture) to be distributed across multiple channels. Excellent editing skills and some experience with After Effects/Motion Graphics is necessary. Experience with visual effects, compositing, 3D modeling/animation is a plus. A complete understanding of production and post workflows, project/asset management, industry best practices, and sharp technical skills are key. Must be a self-motivated, creative thinker.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
• A degree in film studies, production, post-production, motion graphics, design, or related field
• At least 5 years of work experience as a professional focused on post-production
• A strong reel-exhibiting proficiency in storytelling, structure, style, design, and technical abilities with both sound and picture
• Must work at a high level with any NLE: Premiere, Avid, and/or Final Cut
• Some experience with DAW hardware and software
• Proficient colorist using SpeedGrade, After Effects, and/or Resolve
• Must have a solid understanding of codecs and compression in delivering media for various platforms and channels
You will be on the front line of our post-production efforts managing assets, editing video, dialog, music, creating rough and final cuts, as well as communicating with the Video Manager, producers, and entire creative team as necessary.
You must be able to manage your time effectively, have excellent communication skills, and capable of taking a project from concept through completion.
The ability to make creative decisions independently as well as take direction and critique is essential. This is not an entry level position. Projects vary from high-end broadcast spots to training videos, professional sports team sponsorships, and special projects.
The work is diverse and you must be willing to work on a variety of projects in various capacities. Lewis J. Advertising is a high-end production group working with professional tools. Although this is primarily a post-production role, experience and interest in on-set and studio production is a plus.
Please submit your resume/CV, links to relevant work, and your demo reel for consideration.