showcase magazine May 2009spain issue 160
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated film and photo directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Photo España 2009 starts June 3rd and will develop the concept of 'The Everyday'. Photos from Gerhard Richter, Anni Leibovitz and Jindrich Styrsky will be shown in venues across Madrid.
- Primavera Sound, May 28th - 30th, brings Neil Young, Sonic Youth and many others to Barcelona.
- The Brandery is Barcelona's brand new fashion trade show. The premiere edition will run between July 7th - 9th.
Our cover photo was shot by David Matellanes.
- film production Back to top
Team Works Production Madrid commercials production
In association with Only 925, Team Works recently put together a new spot for Repsol that features three racing drivers from the Repsol Team driving at top speed as an infinite chorus of tenors sings 'Gloria!'
The complicated film was shot over three days on an experimental race track, with 500 extras, a scorpio crane and a camera car, not to mention tons and tons of chroma key.
The result? A number of action-filled films that take the audience as close to the excitement and glory of racing as they can possibly get.
APRODUCTIONS Madrid commercials production
Aproductions is one of the leading production companies in Spain, offering photographers, directors, production services, art buying advice, studios and equipment hire.
Continuing its expansion, the company recently added still life photographer Agustín Amate to its professional Barcelona-based team and Johan Martinez as a Producer in Madrid.
Latest photo projects: Ale Burset: Ford Focus, Axe, Rexona, Magnum Ice Creams and Nike. Agustín Amate: Tropicana and Audi. Carlos Alsina: Marie Claire and Pronovias. Diver & Aguilar: Super Bock Beer, Graff Diamonds, FC Barcelona, Riders Italy and TatlerUK magazines. Gonzalo Puertas: Ayuntamiento Madrid in 3D. Jesus Alonso: Balay, Wonderbra, ONO, Vodafone, Adidas, Post-it, Telefonica and NH Hotels. Jesus Cordero: Hola, Time Force with Rafa Nadal, and a special editorial with Elsa Pataky and Adrien Brody. José María Martín (Yoye): Lorena de la Torre, Almatrichi and Nox magazine. Juan Luís Real: Diario As, Brugal, Mía magazine. J.C. de Marcos: Diario As and GQ magazine. Nacho Irisarri : Mercedes-BenzPadel. Rubén Martin: Canto Del Loco, special GQ cover with Prince Felipe. Sergi Margalef: Dewar's White Label, Ford and La Oreja de Van Gogh, Citizen K and DT magazines. Víctor Moscardó: FHM, Codorníu, Tendencias and Nox.
Lastest commercial video projects: Ale Burset: MTV, Nike, Rexona Essencia and Axe. Jonas Benarroch: Antena 3 (3.0). Yago Garbizu: Marca.
Digital photo retouching and in-house CGI facilities are also available, along with set construction and professionals who work to offer the best support.
MAMMA TEAM Productions Barcelona commercials production
Mamma Team is a full service TV and photo production house with offices in Barcelona and Buenos Aires. Since 2005, it has enjoyed consistent growth and commercial success.
The Telekom commercial featured in this Showcase was shot in Buenos Aires at the beginning of the year with director Cadmo Quintero for Hamburg-based production house, Erste Liebe. Mamma Team also works closely with Art Partner and together they shot a commercial last year for D&G with world-famous director and fashion photographer, Mario Testino.
The photo department presents campaigns for clients including Mercedes-Benz, Skoda, Toyota, Chevrolet and Opel, and fashion and lifestyle editorials for Liu-Jo, Macys, Mandarina Duck, Marie Claire, Hansaplast, TUI, Sparkasse and Vodaphone.
- photo agents Back to top
Eyethinking Barcelona photo agents
Eyethinking represents top fashion and advertising photographers. The company provides international tailor-made production services, including set design, location scouting, casting and 2D/3D retouching, among others.
- Richard Ramos shot Secretos de Belleza '09.
- Ross Kirton completed a campaign for Net-A-Porter.
- LSD shot Goodyear and Quiero Alas campaigns.
Other projects and publications from the photographers at Eyethinking: Barcelona Divina and Actitudes Magazine (Eric García), Luminus, Russell Athletic and Touring Assistance campaigns (Pascal Habousha), Vogue Joyas and Woman (Richard Ramos).
- photographers Back to top
David Ruiz Barcelona advertising photographers
David Ruiz has been chosen to produce photographs for the new ISDIN image campaign. He recently shot a promotional campaign for Tourism La Rioja, enjoying five days in the region with director Fernando Colomo and actor Diego Martin.
Featured in this Showcase is a selection of David's recent editorial and personal work.
Paco Peregrín Madrid advertising photographers
Paco Peregrín has been shooting non-stop for editorial clients, fashion campaigns and personal work. He won the Gold Lux award (first place in the Spanish National Professional Photography Awards) in the 'Fashion and Beauty' category.
Working worldwide, recent shoots include:
- Vögele 2009 international advertising campaign.
- Editorials: Vanity Fair (Italy), Neo2 (Spain), Edelweiss (Switzerland), Inspire (Slovakia), The Red Flag (Germany), Avenue Illustrated (Spain), Vision (China), Oci (Spain), Calle20 (Spain).
- Advertising and editorial for the Grand Prix edelweiss de la cosmétique (Switzerland).
Recent portrait assignments include Jaime Cantizano for Style Magazine (Spain). Paco's portfolio has been featured in magazines including Trendsetter (Turkey), UseFashion Journal (Brazil), and on Diane Pernet's blog.
Visit his new website for more information.
Jose Manuel Ferrater Barcelona fashion photographers
Latest work from Jose Manuel Ferrater:
- Oriental fashion editorial for Telva. Art: Jotaeme. Assistant: Miguel Ángel Romero. Digital: Natalia Falagán. Stylist: Maria Carretero. Model: Marina Jaminsson c/o Traffic. Hair: Estrella Elorduy. Location: La Fabrika.
- Rabat Jewellery. Agency: Sintagma. Art: Jotaeme. Digital: Natalia Falagán. Assistant: Miguel Ángel Romero. Styling: Ana De Gregorio. Make-up: María Martinez from Thomas Kaasthel. Model: Emma Karlson c/o Uno. Location: La Fabrika.
Check his website for more information.
- styling, hair, makeup Back to top
Antonio Enrique Cherubini [Muse Industry] Barcelona styling, hair, makeup agents
Muse Industry is a brand new Barcelona-based fashion and production agency born out of many years experience in the Italian market. The company offers highly competent creative direction and brand development services, providing bespoke projects for each individual client.
The agency has built strong national and international ties through campaigns and catalogues for brands including Diesel, DanieleAlessandrini, Condor, Fiat, Breil, Lotusse, Pierre Cardin, L'Oréal, SeaPort, Radiosa, Basmar, Germane Cappucini, The Seller, Janira and Vodafone.
Muse also works with many of the current top photographers, including J. M. Ferrater, Filippo Marconi, Joan Alsina, Joan Duran and Victor Moscardó.
In terms of creativity and styling, the agency regularly produces editorials for leading publications, including Vogue Italia, Elle, Tendencias, Novias España, Ragazza Moderna, Alterego Magazine and H Magazine.
- photo production Back to top
Contra Service Productions Barcelona photo production
News and production highlights from Contra Service Productions International:
- Contra had a busy start to 2009, with a Toyota photo shoot between Spain and Dubai for photographer Ralph Richter (represented by Rockenfeller & Goebels). Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi Design, London. Art director: Stuart Fuller.
- The Contra team travelled to Turkey and Asia with photographer Chris Frazer Smith for client HSBC. Hong Kong, Macau and Bejing offered great locations for the new campaign. Agency: JWT, London. Art director: Mark Norcutt.
- The company produced a photo shoot between Berlin and Leipzig for DHL. The two ads were photographed by Julien Dufort from New York. Agency: Ogilvy & Mather, London. Art director: Vijay Sawant.
- In April, Contra provided locations and full production services, including all travel arrangements, for a multi-location shoot with photographer Tom Nagy for the new global SAP campaign. The 10 ads were shot in Germany, Barcelona, Amsterdam and Singapore. Agency: Ogilvy & Mather, New York and Frankfurt. Art directors: Mark Davis and Christian Leithner.
ALBIÑANA Films Barcelona photo production
Latest news from Albiñana films:
- New campaign for 'The Brandery'. Client: Fira de Barcelona. Photographer: Javier Tles. Art direction, production and post production: Albiñana Films. Stylist: Cristina Urso. Hair & make-up: Paco Garrigues and Karim Belghiran.
- Video presentation for 'The Brandery' by Albiñana Films.
- New Campaign for Vitalinea. Client: Vinizus Y&R. Photographer: Sergi Jasanada. Production and post production: Albiñana Photo Films.
- New photo image for the launch of the single 'Causa y effecto' by Paulina Rubio. Photographer: Gustavo López Mañas. Production: Albiñana Photo. Post production: Gustavo López Mañas. Location: Miami.
Check the website for more information.
Dolce Vita Productions Barcelona photo production
Dolce Vita Productions has recently been very active between Argentina and Spain, providing production support to a range of international clients, including:
- H&M in Buenos Aires with photographers Öhlund and Rundqvist.
- T-Mobile in Buenos Aires with F. Geiss.
- Apart with C. Giesen in Madrid.
- Per Una with The Production Factory.
- Swiss COOP with Katharina Trachsler and photographer T. Stahel in the Canaries.
With the busy season approaching, Dolce Vita is looking towards upcoming jobs right across Spain, including Barcelona, Almeria and Ibiza. Featured in this Showcase is a presentation on Almeria, a wonderful place reminiscent of the Nevada desert.
Palma Pictures Barcelona photo production
Palma Pictures Photo has quickly established itself as the leading service provider for photo shoots in the Balearic Islands.
With a passion for photography, a personable and professional service, Palma Pictures Photo has been tailor-made to meet the varying needs of the photographic industry.
The buzz has been such that the company is currently launching a new website. Check it out here.
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
Latest news from Landing Zone Production:
- The team at Landing Zone were happy to work in collaboration with Sonda Production on the new Seat Leon campaign. Over a ten day shoot, photographer Torsten Klinkow and his team worked extremely hard in locations across the island.
- The Canary Islands welcomed photographer René Clohse to shoot the new campaign for Seiko. He travelled around four islands looking for a selection of very special locations.
- Landing Zone co-produced a new shoot for Air France with Ulala Production and photographer, Camilla Akrans.
Check the website for more informaton.
- rental studios Back to top
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Centro Studios is a multi-functional downtown Puerta del Sol rental space. Offering 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production, the studios are fully equipped with lighting, cameras and equipment hire for professionals who require 24/7 solutions.
The company's digital department is equipped with the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Canon Mark III and Canon 5D Mark II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Recent jobs included: Reebok campaign by Rankin, Balay campaign by Diego Dominguez, L'Oréal spot, 'Imagenio' Telefónica by Bernardo Aja, Iberia campaign, Carlsberg campaign, 1 de 50 campaign by Isaac Morell, Central Lechera Asturiana campaign by Nacho Irisarri, Multiópticas campaign by Diego Domínguez, DT Magazine by Sergi Margalef with Fernando Verdasco, Ragazza by Pablo Baudet, Shangay Magazine by Cristina López, Todonovias Magazine by Alex Archer, Jarama by Alberto Escudero, promotional video 'Invasores Casting' Antena 3 - Neox, Direct Seguros, casting by Florencia Inés.
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios
Top Studio offers five studios to suite photographic, film and special events needs. Equipped with lighting material for photography, including runway lighting and film sets, the studios were recently expanded to stock the latest generation Broncolor, Hensel and Profoto equiptment.
Recent clients included:
- Desigual, Brunella and New Look photographer J. M. Ferrater.
- "Black is Black" Marie Claire feature and singer Daniela Dessi, with photographer Manuel Outumuro.
- Mango shots by Mariano Vivanco and Francesco Carrozini.
- Sita Mur with photographer Txema Yeste.
- Lacoste shots by Jordi Brusi.
- Seltvagi catwalk photographer Sara Coe.
- Film production for Bimbo Portugal by Garage films.
- Film production for La Caixa by Arena Shots.
- Top studios also recently welcomed Barça soccer player Leo Messi modelling for Nike, and Moto GP rider Valentino Rossi.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios
Addict Studios offers 500 m² of studio workspace, with facilities including natural light, two faces cove, 100 KW power, 5-7m height, 25m shooting range, car entrance, free parking at the door, rest and meeting areas, a fully equipped independent make-up and stylist area, air conditioning, water shooting facilities, catering services, a fully equipped kitchen with complimentary breakfast, an experienced crew, free 12MB WiFi and an iMac G5 computer. Equipment rental includes Profoto, Arri, Kinoflo and digital equipment from Hasselblad and Canon.
Recent work: Reebok campaign by Rankin with Bar Refaeli, Glamour Magazine 'Reebok Special' by Bruno Dayan, White Label campaign by Sergi Margalef, Carrera & Carrera campaign by Rafa Gallar, Vogue Spain 'Jewellery Special' by Michelle Ferrara, Lodi campaign by Jesús Alonso, Ana Torres campaign by Juan Luis Real, promotional video 'Maneras de Vivir' Cuatro TV, J'Hayber campaign by Alex Archer.
Special productions: Vogue UK 'Swarovski' by Eugenio Recuenco, Nike by Rankin and Ale Burset, Pantene by Rafa Gallar, El Corte Inglés by Txema Yeste, Loewe by Kristina G. Fender, Cortefiel by Gonzalo Machado.
Visit the website for more information about equipment, rates and special offers.
- post production Back to top
Mario.cat Barcelona retouching
Recent work from Mario.cat studio:
- Calle 13.
- Parcs i Jardins.
- Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Caixa de Catalunya.
- Los 40 Principales.
The company is currently offering a special deal: Phase One P-45+ digital back, Hasselblad HII bodies, three lenses, Macbook Pro, HDD for backup and a digital assistant, all for 875 Euros per day.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Francina Agency Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from the Francina Agency:
- Adrian Allen: El Corte Inglés catalogue. Photographer: Juan Martín.
- Johan: Carolina Herrera. Photographer: Javier Herranz.
- Felipe Anibal: Punto Blanco campaign. Photographer: Laura De Benito.
- Justus: Beauty for Tendencias. Photographer: Sergi Jasanada.
- Marcus: Natural Honey campaign. Production company: ALBIÑANA Films.
- Alexander De Waele, Carolin Hoppe and Andrea Lichtenberg: Image Stockmann. Production company: Dolce Vita Production.
- Tiffany: GQ editorial. Photographer: Toni Kelly.
- Barbara Tous: Elle Hong Kong and Rifle Jeans campaign.
- Renata Zajek, Sofia Resing, Ana Mackintosh and Anna Janiak: Melting Pot Jeans catalogue. Production company: Seasun Productions.
- Manu: H Magazine cover and editorial. Photographer: José Tió.
- Sanela Seferagic: Raffel Pages image catalogue. Photographer: Sergi Jasanada. Nuria Ferrer image catalogue. Photographer: Enric Montes.
- hotels and apartments Back to top
Hotel Molina Lario Malaga hotels
The Molina Lario is a boutique hotel situated in the centre of Malaga that comprises two buildings. One is from the XVIth century and the other is an entirely new construction.
The hotel opened in 2006 and has since become a reference point for quality and personalised service, with 103 bedrooms, six meeting rooms, an outdoor swimming pool and terraces with panoramic views over the city. There are also parking facilities in the same building.
The Café de Bolsa restaurant, young, modern and elegant, offers Mediterranean cuisine with the best of the season's local produce. Activities and special gastronomic dates are planned throughout the year, and it has fast become one of THE places to be seen at in Malaga.
Hotel Barceló Malaga Malaga hotels
Hotel Barceló Malaga offers a range of leisure and business services to suit the needs of the discerning professional traveller.
With over two hundred modern rooms and a selection of suites and luxury accommodation, the hotel adapts perfectly to its guests' pace of life. From sauna and fitness facilities that provide the ultimate in relaxation, to a variety of fully equipped conference and meeting rooms for professional business purposes, the hotel offers a flexible and high quality approach.
A wide range of tasty cuisines from a restaurant service designed to fit around business commitments, coupled with high levels of service, makes the Hotel Barceló Malaga the ideal base from which to do business or explore the city.