showcase spain issue 247 Nov 2010Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our Film and Photo directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- The II Ibero-American Biennial of Design, Bid-10, is the meeting point for professionals and design institutions from Latin America, Portugal and Spain. 22nd - 26th November at the Central of Design in Matadero, Madrid.
- Smile Festival is dedicated exclusively to advertising campaigns that have used humour to convey their core message. The best national and international campaigns will compete to become the funniest in all of Europe.
Our cover image was shot by Eugenio Recuenco.
- film production
Team Works Production Madrid commercials production
Turkish Airlines, official sponsor of FC Barcelona, chose Team Works Production to shoot its latest commercial in the city of Barcelona. Featuring top players from one of the world's most famous football teams, including Messi, Xavi, Puyol, Villa and even manager Guardiola, the shoot involved more than a 100 red balls featuring the company's logo and five simultaneous cameras.
Visit the website for more information.
- photo agents
APRODUCTIONS Madrid photo production
Aproductions has offices in Madrid, Barcelona and the Canary Islands that offer experienced producers and a strong infrastructure to face every kind of project. TV commercials, production services, events departments and a 200,000-image location archive complete its portfolio.
Recent projects include:
- Worldwide TV commercial and photo campaign for Freixenet, directed by Eugenio Recuenco for JWT Barcelona.
- The new Privilage Spain worldwide campaign was assigned to Aproductions after the company was selected out of four different bidders. The project involved three TV commercials directed by Yago Garbizu and 20 photographs by Juanlu Real.
- The Turespaña campaign with photographers Ale Burset and Erik Almas in locations throughout Spain, with agency McCann Erickson Madrid.
Directors include Eugenio Recuenco, Bosi&Simoni, Miquel Navarro, Héctor Gómez Rioja, Nacho Sarrais, Ale Burset, Yago Garbizu, Losito & Losito (high-speed tabletop specialists), and the film-makers Enrique Urbizu and Miguel Albadalejo.
Aproductions offers art buying consultancy to advertising agencies and direct clients in Spain and throughout the world. The company exclusively represents a selection of highly talented photographers, and its art buying department is continuously recruiting new talents and researching the latest technologies to best respond to clients' needs.
VANDER creative management Madrid photo agents
VANDER Creative Management is a Spanish-based international agency for photography and production services.
Representing both new talents as well as established photographers throughout Europe, the company provides creative scouting and professional photographic production services.
VANDER represents artists working in advertising, portrait, celebrity, editorial, and fashion and beauty photography.
Clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Uterqüe (Inditex), Mapfre, Chevrolet, Disorder Magazine, Foster's Hollywood, Barclay's Bank, GQ Spain, Urquell Pilsner, Nike Netherlands and LabbMag.
V&W art Madrid photo agents
Latest news from V&W art:
- Cover girl Irina Shayk hits the great outdoors for Elle Spain’s November issue. In front of Santiago Esteban’s lens, the Russian beauty wears belted looks featuring a luxurious mix of lace, leather and fur styled by Inmaculada Jimenez.
- Shot by Rafael Stahelin, Constance Jablonski appears a little frayed around the edges for the November cover shoot for Vogue Korea styled by Ye Young Kim.
- John-Paul Pietrus shot the sleek and svelte Juliana Imai for the latest issue of Numéro China. Wearing a wardrobe of tough leather paired with elegant silhouettes, Juliana is a true vision in Tim Lim’s chic styling.
Eugenio Recuenco Madrid advertising photographers
Eugenio Recuenco recently began a range of exciting new film projects. He has taken his portfolio to New York where he is on the look out for inspiring collaborations and producers interested in his work.
Upcoming projects include an editorial photo shoot for Grazia France and a new film commercial for the White label in the USA. Eugenio is also set to embark on a collaboration with Johnnie Walker for the 'Keep Walking' campaign. He recently completed a highly anticipated commercial campaign for Freixenet Spain and is preparing a series of exclusive images for his first photography book.
Eugenio is now represented by Camara Work in Berlin, where he will also be holding exhibitions over the coming year.
Fernando Alonso Madrid fashion photographers
Latest work from photographer Fernando Alonso:
- Editorials for Happy Woman magazine.
- Fashion campaigns for Lolitas, Dándara, Torio, Tonalá, Archeologíe, MdM, LyD and Julian Gil.
Paco Peregrín Madrid fashion photographers
Paco Peregrín has been shooting for editorial clients and international advertising campaigns in Milan, New York, Mexico City and Madrid.
Working worldwide, recent shoots include:
- Editorials: Vanity Fair (Italy), Elle (Mexico), Vision (China), White Sposa (Italy), Schön! (UK), Neo2 (Spain).
- La Rinascente 2010 advertising campaign (Italy).
Upcoming exhibitions: 'To Be Continued' catalogue and collective exhibition of solidarity in Seville, December, in conjunction with Buenavista Obra Social and Seville Council; 'Beautiful Monster' solo exhibition, opening 4 February 2011 at Isabel Ignacio Art Gallery, Seville; another solo exhibition in Paris.
Visit Paco's website for more information.
David Matellanes Madrid advertising photographers
David Matellanes shoots fashion and advertising photography in his own unique style. His intimate and highly personal photographs evoke a mysterious, seductive and dreamlike state that aims to transport his audience into a world of sensations.
David's dedication means he is involved from start to finish in all of his creative projects. He enjoys each part of the process and is only satisfied when he has achieved the goal of transmitting his emotions into his work.
Latest work includes:
- Editorials for XL Semanal and Stylissimo.
- Advertising for Renfe and Brabante.
- Fashion campaigns for Carmela Rosso, Chareli, Lola Valdueza and Monsi.
Saud Rifat Fashion and Beauty Photography Malaga fashion photographers
Photographer Saud Rifat continues to work on his personal projects that he will show in his first exhibition, planned for Spring 2011.
Visit his website for more information.
Margaret Stepien Barcelona food & drink photographers
Although Margaret Stepien has an extensive professional background in portraiture, reportage, interiors and events, she has recently found herself focused on the food industry.
Her latest projects include documenting the Michelin starred restaurant SAUC, advertising campaigns for Spanish food brands MAS, La Masia, Can Bech, Casa Noguerra, Errede Vic, Food and Mambo, packaging for Trias, and the release this December of a book on the best of Barcelona's Boqueria market.
Visit her website for more information.
Agustin Amate Barcelona advertising photographers
Agustin Amate has 20 years of experience as a freelance photographer. He regularly plans, co-ordinates and produces photographic shoots for advertising, design, commercial and editorial companies and hotels in Spain and the UK.
He holds a BA (Hons) in Photography and Multimedia from the University of Westminster in London. He specialises in commercial photography and advertising, corporate and public relations, lifestyle and editorial, portrait and fashion, and is bilingual in Spanish and English.
Agustin was a finalist in the 2009 Hasselblad Masters Award in the Product section.
Clients include Abertis Infraestructuras, AC-Hotels, Acsa Sorigue, Audi, Ajuntament de barcelona, Baileys, Barbican, Beauchamp Hotels, Blevit, Bose Consulting Group, Brian Smith Architects, Carlson Wagonlit, Carnival Cruise Lines, COAC, Colonia Güell, Comsa, DDB Barcelona, El Consorci, Espasa Calpe, FCB/Tapsa, Fira de Barcelona, Freixenet, Generalitat de Catalunya, Grey, Grupo Vita, Honda, Leaseplan, London Institute, Marbet Servicios Creativos, Martin Berasategui, Museum of London, Nokia, Novartis, Océ España, Oscar Tusquets Arquitects, Pacha Madrid, Palm Europe, Pavlov, Qualigen, RACC, Revlon, Sony España, The Partner, Tropicana, Trucco, Universidad Internacional de Catalunya, Vidal Larsson, Duprez, Visual, Vitesse and Würt España.
Stefano Morini Barcelona car & transportation photographers
Stefano Morini's latest work includes:
- Porsche Panamera, personal project.
- Seat Service, international campaign.
- Volkswagen Beijing, 'Hot and Cool' Chinese campaign.
- General Motors Shanghai, Chinese campaign.
Visit his website for more information.
- post production
ECLIPSE CREATIVE RETOUCHING* Barcelona creative post production
Eclipse Creative Retouching is an experienced post production company dedicated to creative retouching. It focuses on high quality retouching that meets standards set over many years of dedicated service. In close collaboration with an international team of retouchers and HDRI artists, Eclipse can offer solutions for any job.
A selection of recent projects includes:
- Cedric Delsaux - Seat Alhambra.
- 180 Amsterdam / TBWA Barcelona - Adidas World Cup Football Campaign.
- Javier Tles - Generalitat de Catalunya, Wind Italia, Adif and Movistar.
- Kristina Fender - Turespaña.
- Fergus Stothart - Audi Cabrio and Renault.
- David Ruano - Teatre Nacional de Catalunya.
ÀNIMA - GRAPHIC POST PRODUCTION Barcelona creative post production
Located in Barcelona, Anima is an experienced post production company working across the photography industry. It offers reliable services with optimum results.
Recent work includes Nissan and Artmosphere Magazine.
Visit the website for more information.
- models, actors, casting
Salvador Model Agency Barcelona fashion models
Salvador Model Agency recently opened new offices in the centrally located Salamanca neighbourhood of Madrid and on Barcelona’s Rambla de Catalunya, providing more space and improved facilities. The agency has also launched a brand new corporate image.
Recent projects include:
- From the international department, Agata shot a campaign for Raimon Bundó while Ana Escola was on the cover of B-Guided and featured in an editorial for Life Magazine. Itsaso shot an editorial with Sara Coe, Sofia Barroso and Charlotte worked for Mackenzie Joyas and appeared on the covers of I-on and Tocados magazines. Marine Gaudin shot a campaign for Assive by Sergi Jasanada.
- In the commercials division, Patricia Gracía worked for Garnier, Mª Dolors Vidal did a worldwide campaign for Zurich and Gigi Garzuly featured for Multiopticas with Ferrater. Fran Rodrigo, Vanessa and Ingrid López worked on a worldwide campaign for Baileys, Noelia Oliver, Sofía Pellicciaro featured for Ferrero Rocher alongside Judith Mascó , Sascha for Nivea, and Romina Cocca for Ponds. Patricia Martínez featured for El Corte Inglés, Gabriel Funes for Senseo, and Erick Goransson for Hyundai.
- The kids division featured in advertising campaigns for Vueling, El Corte Inglés and Zurich, and also did fashion campaigns for El Corte Inglés, Boboli and Lacoste.
- In the actors division, Marcos Rubio will be in the new TV series ‘Divinas’ with Rosa Mª Sardà and is also participating in ‘24 escalones’, a movie by Santiago Lapeira with actress Aida Flix. Ruben Yuste will star in Los Miserables in Madrid, while Eneko Rodriguez and Marc Aguilar are also starring in ‘El Hort dels Cirerers’ at Teatro Romea. Francesc Pagés is acting in the popular Spanish TV series ‘Cuéntame’, and Peter Vives continues in ‘La Riera’.
- equipment rent
LocLum S.L.N.E. Barcelona camera/ accessories photography
LocLum light, camera and digital rent has invested considerably in new equipment, mostly HD video, including:
- 4 ft linear slider.
- DSLR shoulder rig kit including matte box, follow focus and chest support.
- 7" Marshall HDMI monitor, with gain control and adapted for Canon batteries.
- Car Cam Pod (complete kit with suction cups, to support 5D/7D at full speed).
- Pro Fluid Video Head.
- Cambo UST tripod.
LocLum is not only about equipment: it also offers a unique combination of the latest generation material, personal service and flexibility tailored to meet the needs of any project.
Visit the website or check the blog for more information.
- rental studios
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios
Top Studios offers a variety of five studios to suit photographic, film and special events needs. The studios are equipped with lighting material for professional photography, including runway lighting and film sets. The company recently expanded its range to include the latest generation Broncolor, Hensel and Profoto equipment.
Some of its latest clients include:
- Bershka shot by Julia Solé. Production: Keep it Special.
- Bóboli 'Verano 2011' shot by Nina W. Melton.
- Media Markt spot. Production: Polar Star Films.
- Woman Secret shot by Michel Ferrara.
- Massimo Dutti shot by Hunter & Gatti.
- DIR 'Winter 2010' shot by F. Herrero.
- Codorniu shot by Taky. Production: Insitu Locations & Services.
- Sita Murt shot by Txema Yeste.
- Helados Kalise with football player Andreas Iniesta, shot by X. Vila.
Editorials include Yo Dona with Rosa Tous, shot by E. Moya; Marie Claire with Amaia Salamanca, shot by A. Onhur; Glamour 'Moda Rojo' shot by Alique; Marie Claire 'Alta Costura Barcelona', shot by M. Outumuro; El Pais Semanal 'Miniaml', shot by M. Outumuro.
studiouno Barcelona rental studios photo
With locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Mallorca and Buenos Aires, StudioUno offers integral rental services that include the latest photographic equipment.
Recent shoots include:
- 'Spain' by Peter Lindbergh. A fabulous and historical shoot with Spanish celebrities in great locations including Seville, Toledo, Madrid and Barcelona. StudioUno provided lighting and grip equipment for the production that appears in the December issue of Vogue Spain.
- Harper's Bazaar by Nico
- Vladimir Martí for Bourjois
- Bcn Skies Productions for Orange and Renault
- Mango by Enric Galcerán
- Toni Bernard for Ron Matusalem
- Marie Claire by Juanma Moncloa
- Joana Burgues for Vanity Fair Italy
More details can be found on the website or by finding StudioUno on Facebook.
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting, cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions.
The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon Mk III and 5D Mk II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Centro Studios recently opened new offices in the Canary Islands where clients can rent Profoto lighting, softboxes and accessories and have them delivered on set.
Recent jobs included:
- Campaigns: Freixenet, Affinity, Adidas, Sportium, Tanqueray Gin, Lois, Havainas, Kling, casting for Turespaña (Privilege Spain) and casting for Desenfriol.
- Magazines: Yo Dona, Marie Claire, FHM, Rolling Stone, Neo 2, Vanidad, Tendencias, FHM Bionic, El Duende, Shangay, Oh My God, El Mundo and 40 Principales.
Recent photographers include Eugenio Recuenco, Carlos Alsina, Javier Salas, Raúl Docasar, Sergi Margalef, Kristina G. Fender, Isaac Morrel, Malcolm Birkett, Eduardo Rubaudonadeu, Daniel Mordzinski, Humberto Vignali, Alberto Escudero, Jesús Ubera, Carlos Alsa, Juanma Moncloa, Markus Rico, Ana Nieto, Daniel Alea, Enmanuel Rouzic and Daniela Ruiz.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Addict Studios offers 500 m² of studio workspace with facilities including natural light, two a face cove, 100 KW power, 5-7m ceiling height, 25m shooting range, vehicle entrance, free parking at the door, rest and meeting areas, a fully equipped independent make-up and styling area, air conditioning, water shooting facilities, catering services, a fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast, experienced crews, free 12MB Wi-Fi and an iMac G5. Equipment rental includes Profoto, Arri, Kinoflo and digital backs from Hasselblad (H3DII 31/39), PhaseOne (P45 plus), and Canon (Mk II, Mk III and 5D Mk II).
Recent work includes/
- Freixenet by Eugenio Recuenco.
- Mitsubishi campaign by Alex Puyol.
- Adidas (Xavi Alonso - Real Madrid CF, David Villa - FC Barcelona, Fernando Verdasco - tennis player) by Pep Avila and Félix Valiente.
- AS TV spot and campaign.
- Xabi Alonso for FHM by Sergi Jasanada.
- Pitingo by Oscar Carriqui.
- Body Bell campaign by Alberto Escudero.
- Yo Dona with Alaska by Juan Gatti.
- Mundo Motor.
- Telva with Amaya Salamanca by Antonio Terrón.
- El Mundo.
Special shoots in Addict Studios included collaborations with Eugenio Recuenco, Rankin, Ale Burset, Rafa Gallar, Txema Yeste, Gonzalo Puertas, Gonzalo Machado, Diver & Aguilar, Gary Prior, Bruno Dayan, Kristina G. Fender, Scott C., Nagi Sakay and Juan Gatti.
Visit the website for more information about equipment, rates and special offers.
Insitu Locations & Services S.L Barcelona location service and scouts
Barcelona-based Insitu Locations & Services offers full production services throughout the Iberian Peninsula, with branches in Madrid and the Canary and Balearic Islands. The company also provides production services in Brazil, Argentina and Chile.
Latest campaigns include:
- The new Canon Crab camera launch in Barcelona, shot by New York photographer Stefan Ruiz through agency McCann Erickson London.
- Fashion shoot by Swedish photographer Tobias Regel.
- Production for the new Nissan sports car with London-based photographer Carl Lyttle. The production was shot on the racetrack and in locations in Teruel and Barcelona.
The company is currently developing projects in Rio de Janeiro that allow it to export its production style to different parts of the world.
- hotels and apartments
Chic and Basic Atocha - Madrid Madrid hotels
Located in the heart of Madrid just a few metres from Atocha Station, the Chic and Basic Atocha allows clients to feel truly at home.
Only a stone's throw away from almost everything worth seeing and doing in Madrid, the hotel's 36 rooms are spread over six floors with one "be yourself" zone, a "help yourself" zone, and a “love yourself” zone complete with sun terrace and loungers. WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
The hotel remains true to the last to the Chic & Basic philosophy: no frills, no ostentation, just exquisite taste, fun and a great ambience.
The hotel's new "wake up kit" concept has just been launched, promising to deliver a tasty morsel direct to guests' rooms every morning.