showcase magazine Oct 2012spain issue 368
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our Photo and Film directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- The III Ibero-American Biennial of Design, Bid-10, is the meeting point for professionals and design institutions from Latin America, Portugal and Spain. 26th - 30th November at the Central of Design in Matadero, Madrid.
- The 10th edition of In-Edit, Barcelona's International Music Documentary Festival starts this week - from From 25th October to 5th November, this edition pays tribute to Julian Temple, director of The Filth & The Fury, among many other essential music documentaries.
- photo production Back to top
APRODUCTIONS Madrid photo production
From the Royal Palace to six white Andaluz horses, APRODUCTIONS' team of experienced multilingual producers and in-house production staff are ready to support clients no matter what the scale or scope of a shoot. How do you shoot six cars on location in two weeks with four photographers? APRODUCTIONS did it, on budget, on time and with a smile, without losing a single car!
With almost a decade's worth of experience shooting in Spain, the company has established a solid and reliable reputation for delivering great results. Not only providing great service, APRODUCTIONS shoots with its own photographers all over the world.
With a raft of the best technicians and suppliers available including camera crews, set designers, location scouts and casting directors, the company also has two studios - one table top, one drive-in - that can cater to any requirement.
Recent clients include Pantene for Grey London, Balay for D6, H&M for Saatchi&Saatchi and Alhambra for 15Publicidad.
Visit the website, email or contact Agustín on +34 609 232 016.
Placas Image Madrid - Balearic Islands - Canary Islands - photo production
Placas Image Productions it is a full service production company based in Spain, regularly working with advertising and press agencies, photographers, art directors and TV producers to provide everything from graphics to audiovisual production.
With offices in Madrid, the Balearic Islands (Ibiza/Mallorca) and the Canary Islands, Placas Image is able to produce throughout Spain, providing clients with all the necessary tools - human, technical and artistic - to obtain a successfull final production.
Clients include Rolex, Massimo Dutti, Calzedonia, Suarez, Intimissimi, Springfield, Falconeri, Women Secret, Nivea, Springfield, Tour Spain, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, Tuc Tuc and Jacadi.
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
The season has started and the geographical position of the Canary Islands provides Landing Zone Production with the best spot in Europe for a summer-spring climate during the winter months.
A huge diversity of locations can be found across the seven islands that make up the archipelago, including desert, tropical forest, black sand beaches, Caribbean-style beaches, volcanic/ lunar landscapes, modern and classic architecture.
Landing Zone offers complete services for productions throughout the Canary Islands. Visit the website or contact the company directly for information and advice on upcoming projects.
Image Nation Barcelona photo production
Latest news from Image Nation - Photo and motion production company, for more images check Image Nation's website:
- Enjoy the second part of the Sebastian Vettel for GQ Germany shoot by Anke Luckmann.
- Wonderful work by New York-based photographer Erick Madrigan Heck with German agency Ringzwei for BMW Magazine. The shoot took place in some of the oldest castles of Catalonia.
- Olaf Hauschulz shot a new Volkswagen Match Blitzlicht campaign in several sports stadiums around Spain and Portugal. Agency: Grabarz & Partner.
- Martijn Oort shot the Mercedes Sprinter surrounded by water, dust and fog across Catalonia. Action packed shoot days in a great atmosphere, and amazing locations. Great concept by agency Lukas Lindemann Rosinski.
- Martijn also shot the new BMW 1 Series for the Italian market. Agency: BCUBE.
- Mercedes Trucks is launching a brand new 18T model, the Antos, specially designed for the city. BBDO Proximity gave Manu Agah the job of taking these CGi pictures in Madrid, Zaragoza and Barcelona in February 2012.
- Torsten Klinkow was in Montmeló Circuit de Catalunya to shoot the Volkswagen Multivan Edition 25 for agency Grabarz & Partner.
Palma Pictures Photo Barcelona photo production
Great happenings at Palma Pictures Photo this year, with the company having recently wrapped jobs for Parliament, LM, Bacardi and S.Oliver. The team also successfully brought in clients from around the world to shoot photo and motion in Barcelona, Mallorca, Madrid, Ibiza and Almeria. The year is set to end on a high with some great shoots in the north of Spain.
Setup productions Barcelona photo production
Setup productions has worked worldwide for a variety of international clients. Recent work included:
- Photographer Nina W. Melton on location in Miami, Berlin and Barcelona for El Corte Ingles. Agency: Hipercor, Boboli and Babieskinsmag. Styling: Silvia Rademakers, Alina Holz. Make-up: Emma Hausmann, Katharina Nitzpon.
- Photographer Bernd Opitz - campaigns for Siemens, Esprit Home and Rolf Benz. Styling: Gabriella Opitz. Make-up: Katharina Nitzpon, Erol Koyuncular.
- Director Martin Kriegler on location in Morocco and Madrid on two different projects for Mini. DoP: Tim Ruhsdorfer. Check the film 'Insane Attempt at human flight'. Featured in this Showcase is an image taken from the team's base in the deserted volcanic area near Erfoud, Morocco. The film also won a prize at the TV/Media Awards 2012.
- styling, hair, makeup agents Back to top
Ana Prado Madrid styling, hair, makeup agents
Ana Prado is an agency representing hair and make up artist, nail artists and stylists with offices in Madrid & Barcelona. They specialise in fashion, editorial, advertising and celebrities in Spain and internationally.
Their latest clients have included: Max Factor, Pantene, Springfield, Pedro del Hierro, Wella, Iberia, Movistar, El Corte Inglés, Novedades, Sony Pictures and many more.
The magazines they have recently worked with are EPS, Harper's Bazaar, Glamour, Smoda, Telva, Woman, Yo Dona.
The agency works with photographers like Alfonso Ohnur, Antonio Terrón, Eugenio Recuenco, Javier Salas, Rafa Gallar, Richard Ramos, and celebrities such as Paula Echevarria, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alexandra Ambrosio, Raica Oliveira, Eugenia Silva and many more.
- locations Back to top
INEZZ Production Barcelona location service and scouts
Based in Barcelona, INEZZ Production works throughout Spain, Ibiza and the Canary Islands on photography and TV commercials. Established in 2000, INEZZ is a boutique production company known for its high quality, efficient and professional services as well as its highly personal attention to clients' needs. The team speaks Spanish, English, French, German and Dutch.
Clients include Mobistar, Vodafone, British Vogue, La Redoute, Ligne Roset, Lancôme, Starwood Hotels, Pfizer, Smart, Vogue Nederland, Samsonite, Sony, WE Fashion and Mer du Nord.
The company has worked with Marc Borthwick, Marc de Groot, Luc Praet, Kurt Stallaert, Eric Matheron and Mario Testino.
Stay tuned for a new website coming soon.
Frankie Galaxy Production Services SC Malaga location service and scouts
Frankie Galaxy Production Services SC provides the finest service for photo, film and video production. Specialised in working with the best professionals and freelancers from all around the globe, the company is based in Andalusia, southern Spain.
No ATA Carnets, short travel distance inside Europe, fantastic weather conditions
and high professional infrastructure opens the doors for photo productions, video and film.
From the Almeria desert to Cadiz, from the Costa del Sol to the sierra Nevada, the company has it covered.
- film production Back to top
Camino Media Spain and Portugal Madrid commercials production
Camino Media greets the autumn with a fresh and sunny location gallery within its new website optimised for social media.
Latest productions include:
- Yamaha TVC featuring Real Madrid’s Xabi Alonso - soon to be released.
- 'Annie Mac Presents' at Mallorca Rocks for Channel 4 UK.
- Human Castle building is 'Caught on Camera' near Barcelona for the NBC Universal series.
- Corporate films shot near Valencia for British Petroleum and in Madrid for Siemens, JP Morgan and Citibank.
- Senator office furnishings published its 2012 'Buyer’s Guide' photographed in locations near Madrid.
Team Works Production Madrid commercials production
Last May, Team Works and JP Films arranged the a series of virals for Korean client Hyundai starring Iker Casillas and Karim Benzema and shot in Leganés Stadium, Madrid.
The company also worked with former footballer Luis Figo and Lebanese company Dreambox Films for a funny project to promote the Al Roudan Tournament in Kuwait.
In June, back to Ciudad Real airport and a hangar near Madrid for a new Honda commercial directed by Silvio Helbig. Airport scenes were shot with Russian Arm.
Bonitaworld Media Productions Barcelona commercials production
Latest Bonitaworld projects:
- Commercial production - For the ATP China Open
2012 commercial the BW team was asked to build a green
screen studio on the patio of a hotel in Madrid. Players included
Rafa Nadal, Djokovic and Tsonga.
- Event coverage - Musician Dave Koz and director Scott Sternberg
(USA/LA) contracted Bonitaworld to cover music concerts with five
cameras during Dave's Mediterranean Cruise 2012. Performing artists
included Michael Bolton and Patti Austin.
- TV Teaser - A green screen studio was built for an
ESPN teaser inside the training facilities of FC
Barcelona to film stars including Messi and Xavi.
- Documentary - The research team worked for three months to gather great stories for CanalPlus France and Rapido Media/France. Baba de Barcelona with Antoine de Caunes and director Peter Stuart (USA/LA).
- Commercial production - For the ATP China Open 2012 commercial the BW team was asked to build a green screen studio on the patio of a hotel in Madrid. Players included Rafa Nadal, Djokovic and Tsonga.
Garlic Production Service Madrid commercials production
"We have shot around the world for our own projects; we have seen and learned things we loved and hated from shooting here and there. We know the downsides of producing abroad and are very aware of the importance of a professional, ethical, friendly and committed local partner."
Spain is a great place to shoot, with varied and amazing locations, skilled technicians, international casting and great catering. Garlic Production Service division was established to respond to the needs of even the most demanding of clients.
"Next time you need to shoot in a ________ (fill the blanks with whatever you need, we have almost everything!), give us a call, send an email, even fax if you still use that. We will be glad to help."
- photographers Back to top
Jose Luis Pelegrin Barcelona people & lifestyle photographers
With vast experience in the world of photography, Jose Luis Pelegrin can offer great professionalism across a range of different genres. This Showcase features a small sample of his recent work.
Jose works for leading brands in Spain, France and Germany. His studio, located in the centre of Barcelona close to the Boqueria Market and the port, creates an ideal atmosphere for all types of photography.
Visit his website for more information.
ALBERTO G. PURAS Photography Seville advertising photographers
Alberto G. Puras set up as a full time independent photographer over 12 years ago. He has since worked for numerous fashion and ad agencies shooting for international clients. Based in Madrid, Barcelona and Seville, Alberto provides worldwide services.
From advertising to fashion, portrait, food, life style and still life, he constantly finds the right solutions and an individual photo language for each project. The results speak for themselves. Check the website to see more examples of his work, along with a full client list.
Xanti Rodriguez San Sebastian advertising photographers
Recently awarded at the IPA awards, Xanti Rodriguez is a new studio of photographic productions, post production and CGI located in the heart of the Basque Country.
The studio creates avant-garde and unique images thanks to its fine control of the most complex and demanding techniques in the world of photography and 3D. It also works with the best photographic materials and makes use of the most advanced software and hardware when editing in 2D and 3D.
"We adapt the production to make the most of your campaign’s potential, getting unique and unrepeatable images."
Nicole Kotrbova Madrid fashion photographers
In June, Nicole Kotrbova shot two catalogues in Ibiza for The Islanders (a creative commerce company), and was published in SwO magazine for her work with a young upcoming designer from Alicante.
Last month she shot an editorial for Not Just Fashion Magazine with the winners of the 'Model of the year' contest organised by Not Just Fashion, Production Paradise and Vimity.
She also shot Sita Abellán and Mikel Perez for Production Paradise.
- post production Back to top
Proretoque Madrid retouching
ProRetoque offers high quality, low cost digital post production only for professionals. The company works with photographers and professionals from the graphic design sector to enhance their images and free them from routine tasks.
They simply need to register in ProRetoque's website, log in their client area, select among the different options and upload their images. Once the images have been processed by ProRetoque's team - all of them qualified and experienced retouchers - and after two quality controls, images are transferred to the client area to be downloaded.
The whole process can take 24 hours or longer, depending on the level of complexity of the job and the number of images.
- rental studios Back to top
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production.
The studios are fully equipped with lighting (Profoto), cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions.
The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon 5D Mark II-III cameras, Eizo, Apple and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Latest productions in Centro Studios include:
- Campaigns: McDonald's, Toyota, Catarina Shoes, Oreo Event, Adidas, Cruzcampo, Alhambra Beer.
- Magazines: V Magazine, Yodona, Smoda, Telva, Neo 2, El Mundo, Magazine, EP3, Arte de Vivir, Lucia Se Casa.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios
Addict Studios include a 500 m² studio with cyclorama that was recently the set for a range of international advertising campaign shoots.
The company also offers equipment rental for a wide variety of clients, from magazine editorials to worldwide campaigns in Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza, the Canary Islands, Valencia and Alicante.
Its range of clients includes ad agencies, production companies, magazines and photographers who can rely on Addict's own materials from brands such as Profoto, Canon, Phase One, Hasselblad, Hmi, Arri, Manfrotto, Eizo and Apple.
Latest productions in Addict Studios include H&S worldwide campaign, Pantene worldwide campaign, Balay campaign. Ford, KIA (spot and photo), Yamaha, Real Madrid CF, Mercedes-Benz, Neo 2, Smoda and Arte de Vivir.
studiouno Barcelona rental studios
StudioUno is an excellent daylight studio located in the beautiful hills of Tibidabo with a delightful panoramic view of Barcelona. Facilities and special features include controllable constant daylight and lovely interior gardens with flowers and palm trees. StudioUno also provides proffesional photographic equipment for rent.
Latest projects include:
- Base design for Woman's Secret with the photographer Txema Yeste.
- Photographer Vladimir Marti shot for Reebok.
- Photographer Joan Alsina shot for El Mundo Magazine.
- Photographer Macarro shot top model Vanessa Lorenzo at StudioUno.
- Photographer Nathaniel Goldberg shot for V-Magazine.
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios
Latest productions from Top Studios:
- Tous Gafas by Dani Riera - Production: Bamboo
- Sfera (El Corte Ingles) by Nina W.Melton - Production: Setup
- Imaginarium by Joan C. Ponsa
- El Mundo Deportivo, “Carteras Barça” - Production: Veranda TV
- Nike - Production: Meet Mr Campbell
- Santa Eulalia by Gregorio Civera
- Bershka by S. Jasanada - Production: Dogma Moda
- Abanderado by J.M. Ferrater - Production: Dogbulli
- Freixenet - Production: Oxigeno Producciones
- Anna de Codorniu by M. Outumuro
- Gisela by M. Caceres - Production: Hunter & Gatti
- La Caixa - Production: Mamma Team Procuctions
- Massimo Dutti by Gemma Edo
- Mango by Jorge Martin
The Loft Studio Barcelona rental studios film
The Loft Studio is located on the edge of Barcelona’s Poble Nou district. The area boomed during the industrial revolution of the 19th century and was Catalonia’s economic engine for an extended period of more than a century before, more recently, suffering a couple of decades of decay. It has always maintained an important cultural and artistic base which, thanks in part to the massive Project 22@Barcelona, has flourished anew restoring much of the economic and social vitality that it had lost. The recovery and restoration of often neglected or abandoned former industrial premises has helped to fuel the development of fresh, exciting projects such as the The Loft Studio.
Designed in the style of a New York loft, this studio is run by a highly professional, friendly young team. It is easily accessible, well equipped, bright and spacious. It has a dedicated area for make-up and hair, a comfortable lounge area, office and a solid Internet connection.
The Loft Studio is the ideal space for photo shoots and showrooms, or to use as a base for shooting around the city.
- service Back to top
Txema Vega - Underwater Film Service Barcelona underwater services
Txema Vega - Underwater Film Service is a Barcelona-based company that is available to work anywhere. The company works in collaboration with both national and international production clients, offering expert advice as well as all the necessary equipment to shoot underwater footage.
Txema Vega uses the most advanced housings, both in terms of technical features and quality of materials, for a wide variety of cutting edge cameras.
- Gates Housings for EPIC, SCARLET, RED ONE and Panasonic HVX200 cameras.
- Aquatica housing for Canon EOS 5D MARK III cameras.
- Scubacam for 35 and 16 mm film cameras.
- Ocean Reef communication systems with surface.
- Green Force and Nite Rider Underwater lights.