showcase magazine Jan 2013cape town issue 386
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Cape Town, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the South African visual media industry, with more information available in our online Photo and Film directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Cape Town Design Indaba Expo, 2nd-4th March 2013. South Africa’s premier showcase of local design across all sectors, including advertising, architecture, film, fashion, graphic design, new media, publishing, product design and visual media.
- Cape Winelands Film Festival, 13th - 23rd March 2013. A 10-day programme of films combining a global perspective with an opportunity to showcase the South African film industry.
- photo agents Back to top
Hurricanes Photographers Agency Cape Town photo agents
Hurricanes Photographers Agency is firmly established as one of the leading photographers' representatives in South Africa after 13 years in operation. Its team of award-winning photographers specialising in advertising, automobile, beauty, fashion, still life and landscape photography keep the agency confident that it can offer the right solutions to the many, and varied, briefs received. Hurricanes offers both full pre- and post production services as required.
- photo & film production Back to top
EuroConnection South Africa Cape Town photo production
Abbey Lee takes time out from the dust and dystopia of the Mad Max shoot to play dress-up for Bazaar and Portmans in the Namibian desert. She stars as one of five wives in the long-awaited dystopian action film Mad Max: Fury Road, as part of what reads like the best-looking cast in film history: fellow model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Riley Keough, Zoë Kravitz, A Single Man’s Nicholas Hoult and Charlize Theron, who have been filming on location in Swakopmund, Namibia.
There’s no denying the desert scenery is as breathtaking as the genetically blessed actors but, as photographer Simon Upton, who travelled out there to shoot Kershaw for the latest Portmans campaign, discovered, it’s not the easiest place to shoot.
“We had to truck in all the equipment from Cape Town, which was 1700 kilometres away, and then build a studio in an old building in the desert,” he says. “There was power, but not much else.” After the crew spent a day or two acquainting themselves with the foreign light, Kershaw arrived and Upton and the team had just one day to shoot the model in six looks. Story written by Claire Maclean.
Freelink Cape Town photo production
As a company that enjoyed success long before the Cape Town film boom, Freelink understands the importance of real relationships based on trust and the need to constantly meet and exceed expectations.
Freelink’s complete dedication to clients and suppliers has ensured a constant stream of repeat business and ongoing growth through referrals and word of mouth.
Freelink arranges every aspect of an advertising, catalogue or editorial photographic shoot, exposing clients to breath-taking locations, professional casts and committed crews to ensure they are thrilled with the results.
The company also understands that a smile and a sense of humour can go far on a long, hot day. It promises ice cold drinks and a pleasant attitude throughout. "After all, we love what we do too!"
Big Sky Productions Cape Town photo production
Latest news from Big Sky Productions:
- Men’s fashion shoot for Cacharel photographed by Baris Aktinmaz.
- Pierre Cardin fashion shoot with photographer Nihat Odabasi.
- Mothercare/ELC kids catalogue with photographer Ian Boddy.
- Safari Fashion editorial for Sunday Magazine with photographs by Nick Leary and fashion editor Inez Garcia.
- Lingerie DD shoot for Woolworths with models from Vision, photographer Mark Cameron.
- Second roadtrip TVC for RE Jeans featuring musicians Chiano Sky and Reebirth.
- Tropical TVC featuring Naty Chabnenko with animated backdrops by Masters and Savant.
- Kiddies Cartoon Tee’s television commercial with Cape Town’s best local kiddies talent.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
MAX models Cape Town fashion models
Black & White - a great way to start 2013!
Showcasing a few of MAX models' gorgeous models: Hannah, Careen, Bella, Claudia, Sive, Dounia, Emma and Jenna.
All were shot by Anthony Friend visiting Cape Town from New York over the holidays.
Pure Management Cape Town fashion models
Latest news from Pure Management:
- Adeline Mocke in Sports Illustrated SA 2012. Photographed by Jacques Weyers.
- Caitlin Dobson in December Issue of 36 Boutiques.
- Chris Ladewig in Safari Magazine shot in Tokyo, Japan.
- Damien Van Zyl in latest Truworths advertising.
- Jason Horton shot by Jean Pierre Fourie and styled by Francois Ferreira.
- Paula Almeida in January 2013 Issue of Elle Magazine.
- Shaun De Wet in September 2012 Details Magazine NY.
- Victor in latest Old Khaki. Photographer Jacques Weyers.
Faith Model Management Cape Town fashion models
Latest news from Faith Model Management:
- David & László for 36 Man.
- Michelle B for Honey Catalogue.
- Nathan & David for Suit Supply.
- Viviane for Truworths Lingerie.
- David for Sinclair.
- Exciting new face: Michael Du Toit.
- Williams for Michel Herbelin.
- photographers Back to top
Stephen Greeff Cape Town advertising photographers
Stephen Greeff's passion is photography and his love for imagery allows him to explore natural lifestyle, fashion and Photoshop manipulation.
His emotional and energetic style of photography is executed at a high level, while his ability to capture free movement and interaction between complex settings has made him a highly sought-after photographer.
His relaxed attitude and creative outlook creates a team environment.
In recent years, Stephen has been capturing motion pictures on his sets. His realisation of natural moments between people is well documented and often made into short commercial films. “It's becoming essential for clients to shoot both media on set because the brand recognition is much stronger through the consistency with imagery and motion,” he says.