showcase buenos aires issue 150 Mar 2009Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Buenos Aires, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the latest news from leading professionals working in the Argentine visual media industry, with more information available in our Photo and Film directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Museo de la Ciudad Photography Competition. The museum invites amateur photographers and professionals alike to participate in 'Buenos Aires Hoy: Bares y Cafés', a chance to snap the city in all its current glory. Deadline 31st March.
- Every Wednesday at 8.30pm throughout March and April, the Museo del Cine - Pablo Ducrós Hicken presents advance screenings of Argentine cinema at Colegio Publico de Abogados.
Our cover photo was shot by Fabian Laghi.
- film production
Red Creek Productions Buenos Aires commercials production
Red Creek started 2009 with jobs for TBWA Hakuhodo (Tokyo) and BBDO (Dublin).
- Red Creek collaborated with LA based production company, Notorious 24/7, to cater to the growing Japanese interest in South America. On this occasion, Suzuki used the hills around Buenos Aires along with its cobblestone streets to introduce a new line of bikes to the European and US markets. The spot was directed and photographed by Paul Laufer. GCD for TBWA Hakuhodo: Mark Sheldrake. Producer: Miki Kuretani. Executive Producer for Notorious: Neale Ferguson. Executive Producer for Red Creek: Ivan Entel. Line Producer: Martin Feigielman.
- Red Creek finished production service for SkorpioTV and BBDO Dublin, for Avonmore dairy products. GCD for BBDO Dublin: Eoghan Nolan. Executive Producer for SkorpioTV: Seamus O'Neale. Executive Producer for Red Creek: Ivan Entel. Line producer: Martin Feigielman.
The company is currently shooting in Patagonia with French superstar Florent Pagny, as well as completing work on a number of documentaries.
ArgentinaCine Buenos Aires commercials production
Recent and upcoming commercial projects from Argentinacine:
- Burger King. Rafael L. Saubidet. Bromley Communication. Miami.
- All State. Augusto Zapiola. Lapiz Leo Burnett (Chicago).
- Modelo Beer. Augusto Zapiola, Rafael L. Saubidet. Casanova Pendrill. Mexico.
- Terma. Martin Romanella. Cravero Lanis (Buenos Aires). Buenos Aires.
- Ricola. Daniel Rosenfeld. DeVito Fitterman Adv. (New York). Buenos Aires.
- Fruttare Kibón. Rafael L. Saubidet. Vega Olmo (Buenos Aires). Buenos Aires, Valle Nevado (Chile), co-directed by Augusto Zapiola y Rafael Lopez.
- Pantene. Carlos Gil. Wind Latino, location: Buenos Aires.
- Skip. Martin Romanella. Lowe (Sao Paulo). Buenos Aires.
- Sony Cybershot. Rafael L. Saubidet. La Comunidad (Buenos Aires). Buenos Aires.
- Sky. Augusto Zapiola. United 1861. Milan.
- Movistar. Rafael L. Saubidet. Young & Rubicam.
- Birra Moretti. Martin Romanella. Armando Testa. Buenos Aires.
- Close Up. Daniel Rosenfeld. Lowe (Sao Paulo). Buenos
Altana Films Buenos Aires commercials production
Altana Films is a full service production company that has been operating in Argentina since 1993. Over the years, the company has also forged strong links with partners in Chile and Uruguay, with the long-term goal of building upon its reputation as one of the most reliable production service providers in South America.
Clients include: @radical.media, Aero Film, Anonymous Content, Biscuit Filmworks, Crossroads Films, DNA, Epoch Films, Go Film, Great Guns, HKM, HSI, Independent, Knucklehead, Lost Highway Films, MJZ, Park Pictures, Partizan, Rock Fight, RSA, Smuggler, Sneezing Tree, Sticks+Stones, Stink, Story, The Artists Company, The Directors Bureau, Tool of North America, Villains, Wanda Productions.
AGUIRRE FILMS Buenos Aires commercials production
A new crop of talented directors recently joined Aguirre Films' expanding roster:
- Hernan Enriquez recently filmed commercials for Danone and its range of products with Young & Rubicam, Argentina.
- Gustavo Kaplan recently filmed commercials based on perfume and football for CPA - Consejo Publicitario Argentino, a MV Vazquez Argentina client account.
Encuadre Buenos Aires animation production
Encuadre has over 30 years of experience in developing and exporting high quality 2D and 3D animation projects to countries including The USA, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Chile, among others.
The company has a content department where all types of project are planned and developed. Encuadre's services include not only production and direction, but scriptwriting, character development, campaign planning and innovative content tailored to individual clients. Successful projects have included:
- 'City Hunters' - an animated series for Unilever.
- 'Olocoons' - four consecutive seasons for Bimbo, broadcast by Televisa.
- 'Nada Que Ver' - Sony Entertainment.
- 'Christmas Short Films' for Mulino Bianco, Italy.
- 'Funki Punky', the first HD series in Argentina for PepsiCo.
The company has also worked on commercials for the world's leading brands.
- photo production
Argentinafoto Buenos Aires photo production
Since the beginning of the year, Argentinafoto has completed a variety of national and international projects and production service work.
Recent print campaigns include:
- Personal and UFO with photographer Raul de Chapeaurouge.
- Fanta, Sprite, Secret and Pantene with photographer Juan Mathe.
- The Fiat Adventure print was 'ad of the week' in the latest edition of Lürzer's Archive.
The company is currently working on new campaigns for Callia wines, with Juan Mathe, and Musimundo, with Marcos Lopez.
7 Seas Productions Buenos Aires photo production
7 Seas Productions was founded in 1999 to handle editorial, car and fashion shoots. Argentina has a wealth of production assets and the company's aim is to be the link between Europe and South America by combining strong planning and execution with spontaneity and resourcefulness.
Clients appreciate the way 7 Seas translates complex briefings into comprehensive estimates. The company always works with mixed crews, balancing local knowledge and international expertise to achieve the best results. Over the years, clients have relied on 7 Seas as the reference point for productions throughout Latin and South America, with shoots across Argentina, Cuba, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay and Brazil.
The company has amassed one of the best location archives in the industry to provide the starting point for any successful production. Check the website for 'making ofs' and client references.
Civiles Buenos Aires photo production
Relying on the talented eye of photographer Gustavo Di Mario and the exotic beauty of model Paula Gandolfo, Civiles Productions completed the autumn '09 campaign for Uma, one of the most renowned brands in the Argentinean market.
Integrated Production: Civiles Productions.
Photography: Gustavo Di Mario.
Model: Paula Gandolfo - Pink Models Management.
Styling: Simona Martinez.
Hair: Nacho Lopez Fagalde for Estudio H.
Make-up: Jazmín Calcarami.
Creativity: Studio 31.
AM PRODUCTION SERVICES Buenos Aires photo production
AM Production Services was the first still photography production company and photographers' agency to be established in Buenos Aires. Over the past nine years, the company has developed a tailor-made and creative service that has reached both international and local clients.
With offices in both Buenos Aires and México City, together with representatives in New York and Costa Rica, AM offers its global clients an attentive and skilled service.
The company has worked on prestigious local and international productions for clients such as Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Chrysler, Chandon and Philip Morris, and has supported major fashion shoots by internationally-recognised photographers such as Todd Marshard (Oprah Winfrey Magazine) and Michael Waring (Lucky magazine).
Latest projects include R-Fresh and Hotel Alvear with photographer Sol Abadi, and Suzuki Puerto Rico and Tecate with Buenavista Fotografia. AM also recently produced the first commercial for Consumer Search.
The company's website is a useful professional tool, especially for newcomers to Buenos Aires.
Ale Burset Buenos Aires advertising photographers
Ale Burset continues to shoot for many important clients, including Nike, Ford, Sprite and Atma.
"All my photographs are the result of an obsession with lighting and the pursuit of a beautiful image," Ale says.
Over 2008, he directed commercials for Rexona and MTV and worked on a number of personal film projects. He also finished a book entitled 'Walkin In The Shadows', from which selected images are featured in this Showcase.
Ale spends his time shooting between Argentina, North America, Mexico and Europe. In Spain he is represented by AProductions, and in the USA by Denise Stewart.
Gonzalo Lauda Buenos Aires advertising photographers
Photographer Gonzalo Lauda is based in Buenos Aires where he has his own studio providing professional production services.
He is currently shooting for L'Oréal, Sedal, Anua, Nasa Jeans and Turner TV.
Gonzalo's latest personal project, a book looking at the last 20 years in Puerto Pirámides, is well underway, and he has a portrait exhibition on show at a local venue.
Be sure to check his new website.
Gaby Herbstein Buenos Aires advertising photographers
Studio Gaby Herbstein + Visual Communications has 20 years of experience in photo production for national and international clients, including L'Oréal, Garnier, Procter & Gamble, Falabella, Almacenes Paris, Canada Dry and Telcel.
With its own production crew, graphic designers, art directors and stage designers, the company aims to create production ideas that fully satisfy the imaginations of its clients.
In 2009, Gaby will publish an art photography book entitled 'Birds of Paradise'. It will feature her own art direction, ideas and photography, and was completed with the participation of some of the most prestigious fashion designers, celebrities and models in Argentina.
Matias Posti Buenos Aires advertising photographers
Matias Posti directs his own Buenos Aires based production and photography studio and has worked both locally and internationally for many of the leading advertising agencies.
His new 200m2 studio will open its doors late March and will house all the state-of-the-art facilities a professional photographer requires.
Some of his latest projects include Quilmes summer 2009, Telefonica, Movistar Notebook, Cofler Chocolates and Nike Training, among others.
Check out his website for more information.
Alejandro Ares Buenos Aires advertising photographers
Buenos Aires based photographer Alejandro Ares specialises in fashion and advertising assignments.
Alejandro is dedicated to capturing the essence of an image while adding his own artistic talent to enhance the end result.
His latest clients include 'Fruco' from Unilever, Ogilvy Brazil, Dori Media Group, Hombre Cosa and Tabatha, among others.
In this Showcase Alejandro presents his latest fashion projects. Check his website for more information.
- rental studios
Ricardo Berisso Estudio Buenos Aires rental studios
Since its inception, Studio Ricardo Berisso has been making original style advances, pushing services and employing new technologies to stay ahead of the competition.
The studio building has been completely renovated to expand the creative space by 40%. A client area, an enlargement of the floorspace in the main studio, the addition of another smaller gallery on the second floor and a meeting room have created a whole new dimension to the style and feel of the studio facilities.
Studio Ricardo Berisso is available to rent for film and photo productions. In house photographer services are also available.
Check the website and see pictures of the studio to get a better idea of what is available.
Monteverde Models Buenos Aires fashion models
Monteverde Models has been expanding its services in order to offer clients the best solutions to their requests.
Over recent months, the company's client list has grown to include Akiabara, Rever Pass, Ona Saez, John Foos, Carla Danelli and Midway, among others.
- hotels and apartments
The Glu Hotel Buenos Aires hotels
The Glu Hotel creates an elegant and intimate atmosphere that connects guests with the best Palermo Soho has to offer.
Architects and designers worked on The Glu project with an obvious passion that allows guests to enjoy the best services alongside a deep respect for individual privacy.
Ce Hotel de diseño Buenos Aires hotels
Inspired by the concept of 'total design', architect Ernesto Goransky proposes his new vision for hospitality culture: The Buenos Aires Ce Design Hotel.
Situated in front of a green space designed by Carlos Thays, and in the spectacular presence of the Pizurno Palace, the Ce Design Hotel is just a few minutes walk from some of the most attractive parts of Buenos Aires, one of the cultural headquarters of South America.
The hotel's 28 suites, ground floor Design Café and basement Design Club all reveal innovative design, service and technology standards.