showcase spain issue 197 Jan 2010Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Film and Photo directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Punto de Vista, Navarra International Documentary Film Festival, February 5th - 13th.
- Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week, February 18th - 23rd.
- Animac, 14th International Animation Film Festival of Catalonia, February 22nd - 28th.
- 11th International Film Festival of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, March 12th - 20th.
Our cover image was shot by Julio Gamboa.
- film production companies
Team Works Production Madrid commercial production
Team Works Production recently completed two spots with renowned Polish director, Bartek Prokowicz, in which the company introduced the sunny side of southern Spain to clients Change despite being in the middle of winter.
With the advantage of locations that offer a spring and summer feel all year round, Malaga was the perfect place to shoot a family-oriented TV commercial for Carex Hand Soap that included a wonderful child who brought charm to the spots and the greenery of Spain.
APRODUCTIONS Madrid commercial production
The Aproductions team recently completed a huge image campaign for TureEspaña aimed at destinations including Fuerteventura, Barcelona, Santander (Camino de Santiago), and Madrid. In conjunction with a renowned photographer, the production integrates portrait and landscape photography with the intention of promoting Spain to the rest of the world.
Diver & Aguilar were included in a recent book celebrating 20 years of Uomo Dolce & Gabanna with their photo of Adrien Brody, and also shot Audi with Manchester United. Jesús Alonso completed editorials for Elle and shot campaigns for Cortefiel with Contrapunto and Olay for Saatchi.
Gonzalo Puertas photographed a campaign for Renfe with TBWA while Sergi Margalef shot covers for Esquire and DT magazines. Juanlu Real worked on editorials for a selection of national magazines and Carles Nin completed campaigns for Caldas Naya, La Caixa and Dunkin Coffee with JWT Barcelona. Marc Diez worked with Atletico Internacional for La Caixa, while Agustin Amate shot campaigns for Font Vella and Espasa Calpe and Ale Burset produced some fantastic shots for Mini.
- photo agents
ALBIÑANA Films Barcelona photo agents
Albiñana Films is a production company based in Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon that deals with the creation and production of all types of images with a high level of quality and expertise.
Recent projects include:
- Latest campaign for Montibel.lo Calendar 2010. Photographer: Dolors Serra. Stylist: Bernat Sobrebals. Hair and make-up: Christophe Durand. Model: Ana Moya (Elite). Production and post production by Albiñana Photo. Location: Albiñana's studios.
- Latest campaign for Loewe Perfumes - new fragrance L de Loewe. Worldwide image and advertising campaign by Albiñana Photo Films. Photographer: Dolors Serra. Production and post production by Albiñana Photo Films. Location: Albiñana's studios.
- photo production
Dolce Vita Productions Barcelona photo production
2009 was a good year for Dolce Vita Productions and the company thanks its clients for their trust and wishes them all a happy and prosperous 2010.
Recent projects included:
- Converse All Star campaign in Buenos Aires with J. Hanna.
- Otto Versand in Barcelona, Ibiza and Madrid with photographers S. Wilson, L. Schmodde, O. Lwowski and J. Caspersen.
- Apart in Barcelona and Ibiza with S. Caminata and M. Pummer.
- Venca in Barcelona with O. Ribardiere and F. Cresseaux.
- Takko in Barcelona with G. Engel.
- Pierre Cardin through Akku in Gran Canaria with A. Hosch.
- Stockmann in Barcelona with J. Lundqvist and H. Newmann.
Dolce Vita is currently very active in the Canaries as well as Argentina where the weather is stable and warm. Visit the website for more information.
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
Landing Zone Production set the mood for the launch of the new Range Rover Autobiography.
The iconic car company placed its worldwide campaign in the hands of the Landing Zone team who prepared a magical shoot on the island of Tenerife. A large local casting accompanied both car and photographer throughout the complex and challenging production.
Visit the website to see the 'Making of' and to relive the intensity of the three day shoot.
David Matellanes Madrid advertising photographers
David Matellanes shoots fashion and advertising photography in his own unique style.
His intimate and highly personal photographs evoke a mysterious, seductive and dreamlike state that aims to transport his audience into a world of sensations.
David's dedication means he is involved from start to finish in all of his creative projects. He enjoys each part of the process and is only satisfied when he has achieved the goal of transmitting his emotions into his work.
His latest work includes editorials for El Semanal and Mujer de Hoy magazine, and fashion campaigns for Carmela Rosso, Lola Valdueza, Gotas Difusion and Chareli.
Paco Peregrín Madrid advertising photographers
Paco Peregrín has been shooting non-stop for editorial clients and international campaigns.
Working worldwide, recent shoots included:
- Editorials: Vanity Fair (Italy), Elle (Mexico), White Sposa (Italy), Neo2 (Spain), Avenue Illustrated (Spain), Vision (China), Calle20 (Spain).
- Advertising: Vögele Shoes 2010 international campaign, Antonio García campaign, 'ECO' by Cosentino campaign, Gant advertorial, Carlsberg advertorial.
Paco's portfolio has also featured in magazines Elle Mexico, Actitudes, Ozine, Frozzen and Brandlife.
Visit his new website for more images.
Sergi Jasanada Barcelona advertising photographers
Recent work by Sergi Jasanada included:
- Best Fashion. Hair and make-up: Eva Sanz. Stylist: Marina Vergés. Model: Milan (Traffic). Photo assistant: Claudio Rizzolo.
Sergi also shot an editorial and cover for Novias de Pasarela, an editorial and cover for Rabat Magazine, DT, Vision Magazine, H Magazine, El Magazine de La Vanguardia and Men's Health.
Joseph Hunwick Photography Barcelona fashion photographers
Joseph Hunwick works between London and Barcelona shooting fashion and travel documentary photography.
The images featured in this Showcase are from a series commissioned by the Fashion for Peace charity and were all shot on location in Kenya.
Joseph has worked for numerous brands and publications, including Condé Nast Traveller, The New York Times, British Airways, Monsoon, Josep Font, Etxart & Panno, GQ and Thames & Hudson.
He also shoots fashion videos, short documentaries and recently published a book on Timbuktu, entitled "The Hidden Treasures of Timbuktu" (Thames & Hudson).
- styling, hair, makeup
Antonio Enrique Cherubini [Muse Industry] Barcelona styling, hair, makeup agents
Muse Industry is a new fashion and production brand based in Barcelona and Milan. Born out of many years of experience in the Italian market the company offers highly competent creative direction and brand development services, providing bespoke projects for each client.
The agency has built strong national and international ties through campaigns and catalogues for brands including Diesel, Daniel Alessandrini, Condor, Fiat, Breil, Lotusse, Pierre Cardin, L'Oréal, Sea Port, Radiosa, Basmar, Germaine de Capuccini, The Seller and Vodafone.
Muse Industry also works with many of the current top photographers, including J.M. Ferrater, Filippo Marconi and Joan Alsina. In terms of creativity and styling, the agency regularly produces editorials for leading publications, including Vogue Italia, Elle, Tendencias, Novias de España, Sposabella and Ragazza Moderna, amongst others.
Latest work: Novias de España (No. 35), Condor campaign F/W 09/10, Ana Durán website and swimwear campaign S/S 10, Basmar swimwear campaign S/S 10, Germaine de Capuccini make-up campaign S/S 10, Maestrami Denim, Goldcase S/S 10 and Rocco Friarioli S/S.
- photo post production
Eclipse Creative Retouching Barcelona colour management
Eclipse Creative Retouching is an experienced post production company dedicated to creative retouching. The company focuses on high quality retouching that meets standards set over many years of dedicated service. In close collaboration with an international team of retouchers and HDRI artists, Eclipse can offer solutions for any job.
A selection of recent projects includes:
- Fergus Stothart - Seat Altea Freetrack, Seat Altea XL and Seat Ibiza.
- Javier Tles - Aramón, San Miguel, Xacobeo 2010 and Ajuntament de Barcelona.
- Erwin Olaf - New York Times Magazine
- Paloma Rincón - Vodafone.
- rental studios
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting, cameras and equipment hire for professionals who require 24/7 solutions. The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon Mark III and Canon 5D Mark II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Recent jobs included:
- El Corte Inglés by Pepe Botella.
- TourEspaña by Erik Almas.
- EP3 by Fede Serra with Calle 13.
- Otro Tipo by Raul Docasar and Pepe Botella.
- DT Platinum by Raul Docasar.
- Rolling Stone by Daniel Alea.
- DJ Mulero by Kristina G. Fender.
- Maria Yus campaign by Juan Aldabaldetrecu.
- Special calendar collaboration in solidarity against cancer shot by Christophe Gilbert with Xavi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid) and TV presenter Carlos Sobera.
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios photo
Top Studios offers five studio spaces that are ideal for any type of photo shoot or special event. With a range of professional lighting equipment available to hire from the likes of Broncolor, Profoto, Hensel and HMI, the company provides all the necessary production services to ensure a successful shoot, including catering, transport, professional assistants, and more.
Recent work included:
- Air Europa spot with Barcelona player Lionel Messi. Production: Mandarina Films.
- Spot for La Caixa. Production: Central de Producers.
- Revlon shoots with photographers David Raccuglia and Robert Lebetta. Production: Magna Films.
- Nice Things catalogue shoot with photographer Marc Capilla.
- Clever advertising campaign with model Laura Ponte and photographer J.M. Ferrater.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios film
Addict Studios invites clients to enjoy 500 m² of studio workspace. Facilities include natural light, two faced cove, 100 KW power, 5-7m ceiling height, 25m shooting range, car entrance, free parking at the door, rest and meeting areas, a fully equipped independent make-up and styling area, air conditioning, water shooting facilities, catering service, a fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast, an experienced crew, free 12MB Wi-Fi and an iMac G5.
Equipment rental includes Profoto, Arri, Kinoflo and digital equipment from Hasselblad (H3DII 31/39), PhaseOne (P45 plus), and Canon (Mk II, Mk III and 5D Mk II).
Recent work includes:
- Gillette campaign by Scott C. with Kaka (Real Madrid).
- David Bustamante (new CD).
- Nike advertising and casting special.
- Miguel Bosé - new video by Joan L. and new album by Isaac M.
- VanDos by Rafa Gallar.
- Kataka by Rafa Gallar.
- 5 Magazine by Alvaro.
- Vichy (new spot).
- Voguele Shoes by Paco P.
Visit the website for more information about equipment, rates and special offers.
- event production
U LA LA EVENTS & PRODUCTIONS SL Barcelona event production
The final quarter of 2009 was a busy one for U LA LA with work all over Spain. Highlights included:
Events: Castrol with Cristiano Ronaldo, Reebok Jukari, Vueve Clicquot and Dom Peringnon press events in Madrid, and a very special exhibition entitled 'Journey' tackling the issues of sex slavery which was set up in 7 sea containers in the Retiro Park.
Photos: Indivi Japan shoot in Barcelona, a nine day Urban Outfitters shoot in Tenerife and Barcelona, and a two day Cos shoot in Gran Canaria.
Photographers: Alasdair McLellan, Jan Welters and Wai Lin Tse.
Motor Option Barcelona action cars
2009 saw Motor Option Barcelona celebrate victory in the Harley XR 1200 Cup and work alongside an impressive range of iconic international brands.
The team, its drivers, camera car and specialist truck operators completed productions with Porsche Panamera, Chevrolet Camaro, Repsol and Red Bull Moto GP teams, Renault and BMW Formula 1 teams, Nike, Adidas, Movistar, Nokia and the new Terminal 1 at Barcelona Airport, on top of work for regular clients Skoda, Seat, Suzuki, Renault, VW, Mazda, Alfa Romeo, BMW, Volvo, Harley Davidson, Honda, Kia, Ford and Peugeot.
Motor Option Barcelona wishes all its clients, agencies and producers a very happy 2010.
- models, actors, casting
Group Model Management Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from Group Model Management:
- Cover with Vanessa Lorenzo for Woman. Photographger: Santiago Esteban.
- Cover and editorial with Martina Klein for Marie Claire. Photographer: Antonio Terron.
- Cover, editorial and interview with Veronica Blume for Man Magazine. Photographer: Juanjo Molina.
- Brothers Juan and César for L'Uomo Vogue, shot by Bruce Weber.
- Alejandra Dominguez for Vogue Paris, also shot by Bruce Weber.
- Carolina Ballesteros, Cecilia Ortiz and Emma Busson shared an editorial for EPS in January. Photographer: Outomuro.
- Chanel Iman for Vogue Spain by Michelle Ferrara.
- Gara Noel and Yana Tarabukina in an editorial for Telva. Photographer: Josephine Douet.