showcase magazine Jan 2013spain issue 388
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our online Photo and Film directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Madrid Mercedes Fashion Week,from 18th to 22nd February, will feature 42 designers as well as 20 up-and-coming creators.
- Ahlam Shibli. Phantom House, at MACBA, Barcelona, until 28th April.
- photo production Back to top
APRODUCTIONS Madrid PHOTOGRAPHERS' AGENTS + PHOTO + COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION
A productions is a full service production company working thoughout Spain with offices in the Canary Islands, Seville, Madrid and Barcelona.
"We do 5 person studio photo shoots up to the full monty.... like the job we just did for Saudia Airlines in Tenerife, Canary Islands: four days, 12 racing yachts, 110 sailing and shoot crew, a 70 person camera boat with scorpio crane and flight head. Great fun"
A productions latest jobs:
- Pantene worldwide campaign with Grey London
- Brugal campaign with Ogilvy Madrid shot by Jesús Alonso
- Ford campaign with Ogilvy Madrid shot by Alberto Escudero
- Magnum Kiss worldwide campaign with Lola shot by Jesús Alonso
- Balay campaign with D6 shot by Hervas&Archer
- Balay TVC with D6
- Saudia Airlines TVC directed by Adrian Moat (RSA Films) with Clandestino Films
- Teresa Helbig TVC directed by David Verges
A productions represents in exclusive the 17 year old photographer Cristina Otero.
COSTA DEL SOL productions SOUTHERN SPAIN PHOTO + COMMERCIAL PRODUCTION
The Costa del Sol offers a perfect micro climate with more than 320 days of sunshine per-year. Versatile locations range from the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean to the snow covered mountains of the Sierra Nevada, with Granada and Malaga in between. Winding streets run from the seashore to the hills, with spectacular views to reach the highest road in Europe.
Clients in 2012 included Ferrari, Condé Nast, L'Officiel Hommes, Garnier and Ferrero Group who all took advantage of an updated service portfolio and many new locations. Partner agencies in Madrid and Barcelona can arrange high-end models and artists without travel expenses.
Visit the website or contact Connie on +34-660716460 for more information.
Dolce Vita Productions Barcelona photo production
The Dolce Vita team thanks all their clients for trusting them once again on jobs in Spain and Argentina.
- The company produced Eleven Otto teams throughout Spain and handled special projects including Otto Testimonial with top celebrities on the island of Mallorca.
- The Canary Islands are becoming one of DV's more reliable and loved locations. Alba Moda, Wrap London, H&M, UCM, Schwab, Karstadt, Zalando and Kom Stuttgart were all highly satisfied.
- H&M and Ernstings Family enjoyed Argentina.
- Barcelona (Grain de Malice) and Ibiza (Bon Prix) always prove perfect production grounds.
Whilst well known for its print work, clients are increasingly trusting DV with their film demands, such as Rimowa who shot with supermodels on Mallorca. In addition, the company is now offering its services to international event production companies like Explizit, starting with the VW Golf Congress in Valencia.
Palma Pictures Photo Barcelona photo production
Palma Pictures Photo & Motion enjoyed a very busy end to a successful 2012, shooting once again with Stefan Indelkofer and Claudia Knoepfel for S'Oliver and doing a very sexy Tresemme campaign with Sarah Silver. Both were shot on Mallorca.
Two huge campaigns were produced by the Barcelona office for Philip Morris and Bentley motorcars. Productions for Tropicana, Bacardi and Ikea were also squeezed-in right before Christmas.
As well as full service production Palma Pictures also provides art buying. Be sure to take a look at the company's location images - "If it's Spain you want, they're all over it."
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
Landing Zone Production had the pleasure to support the latest Vero Moda campaign in the company of the fantastic Poppy Delevingne.
More exciting projects are coming soon - check future editions for details.
Visit the website for more information.
U LA LA Barcelona commercials production
U LA L A has been shooting across Spain with various different clients, including out at sea in Ibiza, in Barcelona, Madrid, Marbella and Valencia. The company's sets were ever changing: wind farms, yachts, disused warehouses, roof-top hotels, the City of Arts & Science and stunning private homes.
- Nick Meek shot the global campaign for Volkswagen's new Beetle Fender. Woodstock was recreated with 100 extras in a high mountain meadow.
- BASF and Nick Meek joined forces with U LA LA to produce video and print content which exemplify the relation between nature and technology. The global campaign created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam took the form of an eight-day shoot traveling to new locations every day.
- Fay & Michelangelo di Battista chose the amazing Calatrava designed City of Arts & Sciences in Valencia as the backdrop for the autumn/winter campaign and video content.
- Annelise Phillips and U LA LA also found some great casting and locations for the latest Sony Mobile BTL global campaign.
Coming soon in future editions of Production Paradise: New campaigns for Puma, Adidas by Stella McCartney, Nokia and The Sting.
Saltamontes Productions Seville photo production
Saltamontes Productions recently worked on an international shoot in Chile for the Audi 'Land of Quattro' campaign. On this occasion, the challenge was to shoot the cars on windy mountain roads covered with snow, endless wide country and coastal roads, as well as in the city. The result is incredible. Thanks to Kai Uwe Gundlach for trusting again in Saltamontes' services.
Visit the website for more information.
Image Nation Barcelona photo production
Latest news from Image Nation:
- Anke Luckmann shot the Mercedes Sprinter Startbox campaign for Daimler in an old warehouse in Spain. Agency: Lukas Lindermann Rosinski. CGI: Recom.
- Thomas Strogalski shot the new Volkswagen Life campaign in Spain. Agency: Grabarz & Partner. Post production: SUBLIME in collaboration with Elisabeth Winter and fitz.
- Carles Carabí shot a typical Spanish campaign for Image Nation. Art direction: Aleix Marin and Roger Llonch. Hair and make-up: Katharina Nitzpon.
- Anke Luckmann shot the amazing Mercedes SLS AMG Coupé Electric Drive on the Formula 1 racecourse in Barcelona. Agency: Jung von Matt / Alster. Post production: JvM/craft.
- He&Me Photographers visited some of the oldest castles in Catalonia to shoot the latest issue of BMW Magazine for German agency Ringzwei.
- film production Back to top
Camino Media Spain and Portugal Madrid commercials production
The JWT holiday release of the Sky-Dweller watch campaign recalls memorable moments of this year’s films for Rolex with world-renowned tenor Plácido Domingo. Camino Media provided full production and location service for the multi-camera shoot from inside a Madrid palace.
Productions for returning clients including Google, Telefonica, CCTV, National Geographic and Discovery Channel added to the holiday cheer.
Looking into the New Year, Camino Media management is meeting creative people from Los Angeles to Bangkok to prepare upcoming shoots in the sunniest corner of Europe. Next stop Adfest 2013. Email now to meet in Thailand this March.
Team Works Production Madrid commercials production
Team Works produced the new Turkish Airlines TV commercial in Barcelona, directed by Marco Grandia. An amazing shoot with Leo Messi, with images edited afterwards and Kobe Bryant's scenes previously filmed in Istanbul. The film was broadcasted worldwide via YouTube and has had a huge impact in the press.
Last December, Team Works went to Almeria in southern Spain to shoot driving shots for the beatutiful Kia K9 commercial. The company had the pleasure of working with director Cha and amazing American DOP, Michael Fitzmaurice. A Russian Arm and helicopter were involved in the production.
The team also provided production services for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 commercial, with colourful Madrid locations helping to launch the brand new tablet.
Soul Pictures Barcelona commercials production
Soul Pictures is a very experienced production company with expansive knowledge in all of the broadcast media resources across Spain.
"Our specialty: a cool and efficient production service in Spain, Portugal and the Islands."
Soul Pictures can provide directors, D.O.P's, powerfull casting, beatiful locations, professional tech crew, confortable logistics and whatever is needed from the Spanish culture, such as bullfighters, castellers, tomatina or flamenco dancers.
Soul Pictures produces comercials, cinema and online videos.
"Just ask us and see..."
Garlic Production Service Madrid commercials production
"After shooting all over the world, we know what we love and hate from here and there. We understand the downsides of producing abroad and how important it is to work with a professional, ethical, friendly and committed partner on the local side. So, with Spain being a great place to shoot, with diverse and amazing locations, highly trained technicians, international casting, and delicious catering, we thought it was a good idea to create a production services division."
Bonitaworld Media Productions Barcelona commercials production
Bonitaworld Media Productions provided services for a range of interesting projects in Spain and around the world throughout 2012.
The company filmed in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Bahrain, and Croatia. Clients came from the UK, Germany, Austria, Spain, the US, Australia, China and Belgium. Projects were shot with Arri Alexa, Arri Alexa Pro, Sony F3, Sony HD Cam HDW, Canon 5D, Canon 7D, Canon C300, Sony XD Cam EX1, EX3, NEX FS100 and Gopro.
Projects featured Rafa Nadal, Djokovic, Tsonga, Messi, Pujol, Fabregas, Xavi, Dave Koz, Michael Bolton and Brian Culbertson, international models, Nissan cars, doctors, golf players, alpinist Edurne Pasaban, people on the street and many friends.
Clients ranged from individuals and companies to TV channels like ATP China Open, Golf Open Spain, Dave Koz, Canal Plus France, Voice of America, Glitz TV, ESPN and VOX Germany. Bonitaworld filmed for brands including Nissan, Adidas, Nike, Nvidia and HTC.
Enzo films Madrid commercials production
In recent months Enzo Films has worked for new clients such as Amstel, La Caixa, Discovery Max and Everis. The company has also continued its collaboration with regular clients and agencies.
Enzo Films' production 'Telefonillo' recently won a Gold Award for Best Viral Video at the annual advertising awards Inspirational 2012. The production was commissioned by Grey Group.
The outstanding performance of Enzo's office in Lisbon has led to the company producing international services for clients such as Discoverty Channel.
Visit the website for more information.
Visual Noise Madrid commercials production
Visual Noise is a leading Madrid based production company that creates high quality images and video content for international brands. The company is partnered with advertising agency Social Noise, to bring the most creative audiovisual ideas to life.
Visual Noise has a pool of directors with different specialities and includes, Iván Mena, Denis Rovira, Javier Díaz, Diana Kunst and EspadaySantacruz, and a photographer's pool including Miguel Pereira, Alberto Escudero and José Luis Tejedor.
The company works for agencies and media like Getty Images and Discovery Channel, for big brands like Movistar, Mahou-San Miguel, Arbora & Ausonia, eDreams, Nike, Universal Music, EMI Music, Pepsi, La Vida es Bella, and many others.
The company's office is situated in Madrid's city center. The team also has experience in offering production service to international agencies.
SOPA DE TORO Madrid commercials production
Founded in 2003, Sopa De Toro is an audio-visual production company specialising in advertising. Today, the company is at the forefront of the field and the team includes top notch directors with years of varied experience. The directors are able to offer the most varied registries, and work with an experienced broad production and post-production team.
The care and the dedication over each project, as well as the customized treatment are Sopa De Toro's morst prominent values.
- post production Back to top
ECLIPSE CREATIVE RETOUCHING* Barcelona creative post production
With a firmly based background in photography, Eclipse BCN is always looking to maintain photographic quality in its work. Attention to detail and a workflow based on craft rather than tricks has delivered numerous images for satisfied photographers and agencies worldwide.
The studio focusses on creative retouching for print media and offers solutions for CGI and illustration. Based in Barcelona, but with roots in Amsterdam, Eclipse combines northern work ethic with southern passion.
"There are no borders here, not in our vision nor in our location. We provide our services either physically or digitally all over the world."
- photographers Back to top
Fernando Alonso Madrid advertising photographers
Latest work from Fernando Alonso:
- Campaigns for fashion brands: Laura Bernal, Van-Dos, Privée, Tonalá, MdM / LyD, Querdani, Archeologie.
Garrigosa Studio Barcelona advertising photographers
Garrigosa Studio is an advertising photography studio based in Barcelona offering full post production, CGI and production services.
Recent work includes:
- Working for CDM, New York for a pharma project (Xifaxan), building sets and creating CGI trees to show the mental state of the patient.
- Composing amazing Savanna landscapes with sexy wild animals to sell spicy peanuts. The job was commissioned by Kolle Rebbe in Hamburg, Germany.
- DDB Barcelona asked the company to shoot greyhounds for a VW Golf campaign.
- JWT Madrid trusted in Garrigosa Studio for its international Corona beer campaign.
- At the end of the year the studio travelled to South Africa to shoot cheetahs in the Savanna for TBWA Hong Kong.
Marcos Domingo Sánchez Barcelona fashion photographers
With over a decade's experience, photographer Marcos Domingo Sánchez has worked for six years in Milan and for five years in Paris. In 2011, he went to Barcelona to open his own studio and fashion production company, DeeBee Creatives.
As a photographer he covers all disciplines but concentrates on editorial, portrait, campaign, fashion and beauty photography. He also has a special eye for architectural photography, having previously studied the genre. But without doubt his strongest quality lies in capturing the essence of male beauty, being in portraits, fashion or nude.
Through DeeBee Creatives he can manage and organise every size of project.
Emilia Brandao Madrid advertising photographers
Emilia Brandao. Brazilian. Goes to New Zealand to learn photography in 2000. Bungee jumps. Back in São Paulo/Brazil, builds dark room in the toilet. Assists photographers.
Studies Cinema at University. Wins awards. Turns freelance in 2004. Goes digital. Travels with camera. Goes to Madrid/Spain in 2008. Studies a Masters in Conceptual Photography. Launches two photography studios in Madrid. Shoots amazing places and lifestyle images. Wineries, hotels in London for GQ Spain. Writes and photographs for Vogue Brazil. Photographs interesting people: Philippe Starck, Kaká, Yoko Ono and Jorge Drexler. Goes quadrilingual: Portuguese, Spanish, English, French. Works for clients including Nivea, Tetrapak, Nextel, Jones Lang and LaSalle. Goes where beautiful photos are needed.
Ales Leon Madrid fashion photographers
Ales Leon was born in Madrid, Spain. His professional beauty and fashion portfolio is among the best in Spain.
- Agencies: Publicis, Tapsa, Young&Rubican, Hyper Young.
- Editorials: L-Ink, Mujer Hoy, Yo Dona, Magazine El Mundo, XL Semanal.
- Advertising: Shiseido, Bulgari, Decleor, Julia, Sephora, Les Cosmetics, Avon Cometics.
- rental studios Back to top
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios
Addict Studios is a 500 m² studio with cyclorama that was recently the set for a range of international advertising campaign shoots. The company also offers equipment rental for a wide variety of clients, from magazine editorials to worldwide campaigns in Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza, the Canary Islands, Valencia and Alicante.
Its range of clients includes ad agencies, production companies, magazines and photographers who can rely on Addict's own materials from brands such as Profoto, Canon, Phase One, Hasselblad, Hmi, Arri, Manfrotto, Eizo and Apple.
Addict Studios is also the ideal space for films, events, castings, show-rooms and film tests.
Latest productions in Addict Studios include Magnum campaign, Bimba Y Lola campaign, Pantene worldwide campaign, Balay campaign, Brugal campaign, Atun Claro campaign, Neo2, Mujer de Hoy, Telva, Smoda, Arte de Vivir, and EFTI: international Master Class of Fashion Photography by Paco Peregrín and Alejandro Cabrera.
Visit the website for more information and follow the company on twitter or Facebook.
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting (Profoto), cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions. The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad, Phase One, Canon, Eizo, Apple, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Recent jobs included Chevrolet campaign, Toyota campaign, Iker Casilla Foundation, So Chic Magazine with Paz Vega, Neo 2 Magazine, Telva Magazine, Arte de Vivir Magazine, V Magazine, Yo Dona Magazine, Smoda Magazine, La Vanguardia Magazine, EFTI: International Master of Fashion Photography By Christin Di Stefano.
Visit the website for more information, blog, twitter (@centrostudios) and facebook (centrostudios).
Camera-Studio Madrid rental studios
Camera-Studio is a new professional photography rental studio located in the heart of Madrid, providing ideal facilities for a variety of productions. The 600 m² workspace is divided between two studios, each with unique characteristics:
- Studio I: 15,5 x 8,5 m, kitchen, cyclorama wall/floor 6,50 x 3,70 x 5,50 m, hair and make-up area, 22.000W air conditioning and heating, Apple 27", Airport.
- Studio II, daylight: 12,5 x 8,5 m, a giant 10 x 7m² daylight roof, cyclorama wall/floor/wall 7 x 3.70 x 5 m, kitchen, 18.000W air conditioning and heating, Apple 27", Airport.
Other features include three-phase power for cine lights, Broncolor Scoro and Profoto Pro 8, Phase One, Leaf, Mamiya, Hasselblad, Canon, Wi-Fi Internet, chill-out area, drive-in vehicle access, parking, catering, in-studio or on location production services, bilingual photo assistants and digital operators and casting services.
Central Studios Mallorca Mallorca rental studios
Central Studios Mallorca is the sister studio of Station Studio Mallorca. With 10 years' experience at Station Studio and 15 years in the production industry, the company knows how it works.
The daylight studio measures 260 m² and the lifestyle studio 162 m², with plenty of room to relax outdoors in the garden and cool pool.
Facilities also include:
- Large infinity cove.
- Lots of daylight with blackout options.
- Background walls and set building services.
- On-site light rental and lots of power.
- Vehicle access onto the curve.
The utility area has been designed so it can be used as a lifestyle studio for kitchen shoots or apartment/loft set-ups. Central is currently working on developing the other half of the building into Studio 3 - a 487 m² stage with drive-in facility.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Salvador Model Agency Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from Salvador Model Agency:
- Fashion: Charlotte and Yara for Shana.
- Vita editorial HK.
- Ionela by Salvador.
- Commercial: Paula K Perfume Antonio Banderas, worldwide.
- Marina Cantos Lufthansa worldwide print.
- Anna Viñas Jewels Vidal catalogue.
- Wenjun, Martin Royal Europe.
- Ignacio Genanian, Martell Cognac worldwide.
- Marcos Rubio, Media Market exclusive.
- Zachary Chang, Nike.
- Martina Pérez and Yeray Rodriguez for Kaos Magazine.
- Zaira Parrago, Bianca Millo and Giorgio Bonnani for French Marie Claire.
- Lisi Castillo for Desigual catalogue.
- Fiction: Francesc Pagés, Carlos Algaba and Juan Renedo in 'Amar es Para Siempre'.
- Diana Wrana in 'El Último Jinete'.
- Francesc Pages for 'El Rey'.
- Christian Stamm for Gran Hotel.
- Shangxion in Aida.
- Romina Coca, Aida Flix, Mariona Argemi and Arnau Fernandez in KMM.
- Film opening 'El Bosc' with Albert Fernandez.
Visit Salvador Model Agency's new website.