photographers' agents issue 7 Feb 2009Featuring creative talent and services from the most interesting industry sectors
Anja Wiroth Agency
Bernstein & Andriulli
Mel y Mel
Sharon Brandman Agency
The agency's services enable clients - some of the most talented photographers and illustrators in the industry - to do what they do best: create works of lasting and trend-setting artistic value, with maximum commercial impact.
To enable its talents to concentrate on the creative process, the Anja Wiroth Agency handles the job of establishing their reputations and selling their work at an international level. To manage this responsibility the agency relies on a worldwide network of contacts. Some of its most in-demand services include the representation of clients in the formulation of contracts, the clarification of rights to IP (intellectual property), and the building and maintaining of brand recognition.
- Photographers: Cedric Delsaux (Paris), Stefano Morini (Barcelona), Tan Kadam (Paris, Berlin), Bernhard Wolff (Vienna), Norman Konrad (Berlin), Manuel Archain (Buenos Aires), Ina Schoof (Berlin), Dirk Velimsky (Hamburg), Marc Beaussart (London), Jörgen Brennicke (Stockholm), Murat Aslan (Berlin), Junichi Ito (New York), Cem Guenes (Berlin), Henrike Stahl (Berlin), Klas Foerster (Berlin), Gregg Segal (Los Angeles).
- Illustrators: Chuck Anderson (Chicago), Naja Conrad Hansen (Copenhagen), Lorenzo Petrantoni (Milan), Todd Alan Breland (New York), Christian Tanzer (Vienna), Vincent Fraser (London), Shen Plum (Toronto), Conny Dreher (Berlin), Thiago Ribeiro Santana (Salvador), Saskia Schnell (Berlin).
- Working with photographer Stephan Schacher, the Avocado team completed another editorial for Baku Magazine. The shoot involved twelve different locations and the support of the city municipal services. The photographer again admired the warmth of the locals and the beauty of the city: "If you're looking for a city in which it is possible to find the style of Fellini's black-and-white Rome, the charm of Paris and mysteriousness of an oriental fairytale, Baku is it!"
- Urs Wyss shot a campaign for Sony Bravia. Art Director Mikhail Loskutov from Saatchi&Saatchi Moscow handled creative input, and once more Urs proved his professional skills in working with kids. He also shot an editorial for Coast magazine in Saint-Moritz.
- Dimitri Tolstoi shot a jewellery editorial for Stiletto magazine in Paris.
- Hanspeter Schneider shot a new catalogue for Next in the UK with model Christiano Basso.
- Joerg Kritzer shot images for Campari Germany and a campaign for Vichy.
- Serge Guerand shot actors Natalia Lesnikoskaya and Anna Sedokova on location in Egypt for InStyle Russia. Fashion Editor: Natalia Belozerova. Hair and Make-up: Fraser Francis.
- Erwin Olaf recently completed stunning new editorial work for Elle and CITY magazines. He was also commissioned to work for Martini (Russia) on its 'Temptation' campaign for Momentum Worldwide.
- Todd Selby's blog theselby.com, featuring images of creative people and their spaces, has become a huge success. 'The Selby' goes global in spring 2009 when famed French boutique Colette hosts an exhibition of the work.
- Mei Tao has continued her long standing relationship with J.Crew, shooting in studio and on location around the globe.
- Emir Haveric recently collaborated for a second time with Merkley + Partners on the launch of the 2010 Mercedes GLK. Emir also completed a new worldwide campaign for the BMW 3 series, Audi concepts shot in Dubai, and a CGI project for the Volkswagen Passat.
- Brian Doben recently shot the luxurious new Pantene images for Grey Worldwide, featuring Stacy London from "What Not To Wear". He also recently finished shooting the new 'Intimates' collection, the latest line of lingerie from Vanity Fair.
- A recent project took Michael Schnabel around the country to shoot stunning architecture for Hyundai. He also just completed a shoot for Lexus with Team One.
- Jim Wright recently captured Michelle Obama for the cover of the December 2008 issue of Essence magazine.
CRE8 Photography is a small bespoke London agency that creates visual solutions for the advertising, design, corporate and editorial markets. The company works hard to make sure its clients and photographers are happy and to ensure a smooth transition from brief to final image.
Recent work includes an exhibition on fashion for Harvey Nichols Birmingham, and portraits of the Prime Minster Gordon Brown.
CRE8 welcomes commissions of all scales and budgets and loves a challenge. To bring creative visions to life with style, contact Mel for more information.
Fotofactory represents an elite selection of professional Cape Town photographers specialised in fashion, beauty, décor, food, travel and advertising work.
As a niche agency, the company exclusively represents photography talent. Fotofactory ensures a top quality service in creative imaging whilst maintaining a stress-free environment for both clients and photographers.
Recent projects: Woolworth's winter '09 campaign, Seychelles Travel for G&T, Foschini winter '09 campaign, Marie Claire, Elizabeth Arden (Africa), Oriflame cosmetics (Sweden), Visi magazine, Elle (SA), SA Tourism (Paris), Honey catalogue.
- Photographers include: Gerda Genis, Robbert Koene, Mark
Cameron, Donovan Fichardt, Kristina Stojiljkovic, Nadeche Sans,
Adel Ferreira, Deon Wortman.
- Photographers include: Gerda Genis, Robbert Koene, Mark Cameron, Donovan Fichardt, Kristina Stojiljkovic, Nadeche Sans, Adel Ferreira, Deon Wortman.
Hauser Fotografen was founded by Veronika Hauser in July 2008, following her engagement in the joint venture Zeezoo Fotografenagentur.
Previously, Veronika gathered experience in art buying at Publicis in Frankfurt. Today, she represents 12 photographers across Germany and Austria whose portfolios cover transportation, beauty, people, still life, celebrities and landscapes.
- Photographers: Thomas Balzer (Frankfurt), Michael Schwab (Hamburg), Rui Camilo (Wiesbaden), Uwe Krejci (Hamburg), Benno Kraehahn (Berlin), Karsten Handke & Claudia Neu (Düsseldorf), Julia Blank (Stuttgart), Norbert Kniat (Vienna), Paul Ripke (Hamburg), Staudinger & Franke (Vienna), Judith Wagner (Düsseldorf).
IDC represents a fine selection of creative advertising photographers who all have a wealth of experience in print campaigns and TVC stills.
New Zealand-based IDC was founded in 1999 and has since been facilitating successful campaigns for internationally acclaimed advertising agencies and clients worldwide. "IDC prides itself on providing a personalised service with an ability to match the specific needs of its clients with the expertise of individual photographers," says founder, Michele Richards. "We are all united in our passion to produce stunning photographic imagery."
All facets of production are included in IDC's service. Production partners are located throughout the world, including Dubai, China, Singapore, Thailand and Australia. Dedicated teams are on hand to manage any size of photographic production, and all are managed with efficiency and a good sense of humour.
Another area of service includes working with some of the leading retouching teams and CGI artists. In short, "When you work with IDC, you'll be working with some of New Zealand and Asia's most experienced professionals in a relaxed atmosphere that supports creative collaboration."
Jamie Stephen Represents is a London-based photographic and production agency. Latest news includes:
- Sandrine Dulermo and Michael Labica wrapped-up 2008 with two star studded shoots for Grazia and You Magazine. They created a winter wonderland for Girls Aloud and a festive fantasy land for the likes of Daisy Lowe, Naomi Campbell and Jo Wood.
- Grey Zisser teamed-up with JWT to produce a campaign for Halls Soothers which is currently "doing the rounds" on posters and London buses.
- New star signing, Jason Lowe, launched by shooting the current 'Hut' campaign for AMV.
- Omer Knaz continues to create beautiful still life images, recently collaborating with Victor & Rolf for their new designer range of Samsonite luggage.
- Car photographer Lee Brimble has been busy shooting a Top Gear cover and the Aston Martin magazine.
Visit the website for more information on these and the company's other artists.
Jim Hanson Artist Agent Ltd. is a Chicago-based agency representing photographers and illustrators from around the world. The company searches continually for interesting creative collaborations and believes no project to be too small or too large.
- Photographers: Jim Gallop, Glen Gyssler, Chris Litwin, Christian Vogt.
- Illustrators: Booda, Ingo Fast, Rob Perry, Tara D, Harry
Clientele includes Allstate, American Express, Audi, Blackberry, Budweiser, Coca-Cola, Marlboro, McDonald's, Mini Cooper, Pfizer, Sprint, Visa and Wrigley.
Klaus Stiegemeyer Photographers represents:
Andreas Burz, Anna Rosa Krau, Bernd Westphal, Fergus Padel, Jonas Bresnan, Jo Jankowski, Jürgen Berderow, Markus Jans, Özgür Albayrak, Oliver Helbig, Oliver Schwarzwald, Peter Guenzel,Roman Raacke, Sonja Müller, Timothy Barnes, Wilbert Weigend, and stylist Claudia Scholtan.
Recent projects included: Adidas, ADD Standard, Oyster, Audi AG, Lamborghini, VW, VW China, BMW Magazine, Tush Magazine, Vogue Germany, Mono A, 032C, Schumacher Fashion, Sparkasse, Platinum Towers Warsaw.
Mel y Mel is a brand new agency that represents a diverse range of photographers and produces both national and international projects.
The agency provides the link between all stages of production, providing a high quality service to both in-house and external photographers.
Mel y Mel represents: Sandro Diener, Xander Ferreira, Sandi Kozjek, Christoph Läser, Maximilian de Vree.
Recent work from the agency's photographers, as well as a diverse range of production information, can be seen online from March.
2009 sees Process striding into its 7th year and welcoming a trio of exciting international talents to its highly established roster.
Award-winning Simon Thorpe, reportage photographer Matthew Murray, and the highly acclaimed Dutch advertising photographer Ruud Baan join the agency's team of commercially successful photographers.
This month also sees the launch of the company's new dynamic and cutting-edge website; the perfect showcase for the vibrant and energetic imagery of its photographers.
Register online to receive regular updates and follow the progress of Bill Robinson, Gareth Sambidge, Louisa Parry, Matthew Murray, Simon Thorpe and Ruud Baan.
Sharon Brandman Agency is having a great start to 2009:
- New talent has been welcomed to the agency: fashion and beauty photographer James Brown, and still life expert Jonathan Beer, who specialises in black on black and white on white photography.
- New folio launches for Marie Louise Avery, Paul Bussell, Richard Seymour and Stuart Chorley.
- Ian Boddy has been doing some cool kids shoots and baby fashion work for Marie Chantal.
- The agency has expanded and now represents stylists and hair
and make-up artists.
Check the website for more information.
Launched seven years ago by Cathy Bennett, Vue has established itself as one of the UK's leading photographers' agents.
With a stable of nine award-winning photographers, a new illustrator and a history of producing shoots across the world, the company treats every brief the same. Whether clients have a budget the size of the New Zealand All Blacks or the Little Hulton Bowling Club, Vue offers a full service production.
Recent shoots have seen members of the Vue stable in Mongolia, the Philippines, South Africa, Bangkok, Park Royal, and on an industrial estate in Farnborough, working with clients Land Rover, Peugeot, EMI Music, Trident, Guinness and Tassimo, amongst others.