photographers' agents issue 2
Their photographers work for major European businesses and brands, and the agency says that there is almost no brand which they have not worked for yet.
Almost a year ago, Daniela Wagner decided to open up their clients' online archives and create a new Image Search service. This enables clients to browse images for inspiration and then download them free for new layouts, with the option of purchasing some of them. Daniela Wagner says, "Our clients treasure this service very much. Image Search has, within a short time, developed to become a recognised premium archive". Click here to view this service.
Angela Woods is an established London-based photographers' agent with global reach and good credentials with all the major ad agencies.
Recent campaigns have been shot with AMV, BBH, Publicis, Y & R and Leo Burnett.
The new website continues to attract a lot of interest - it shows the breadth of talent and creativity as well as moving image and video work from Steve Hoskins as he continues to pick up commissions from digital agencies.
Andy Nickerson has just finished a shoot for Capricious magazine involving rolls and rolls of cling film... He has also just finished his new website where you can see his unique 'quirky still life' style
Patrice de Villiers has just done a Muller shoot for TBWA and is soon to start shooting an Always campaign for Leo Burnett. In between, she continues her editorial work for The Sunday Times and Arena, whilst putting the finishing touches to an in-house job for Harrods.
Simon Mills has proved that he is in fact a master of all trades by showing he can handle a still life shoot with the same precision and attention to detail as he does for his landscapes - this time a series of images for BT for AMV/BBDO.
Tim Macpherson has just come back from Madrid where he has been shooting youths with pregnant stomachs (real... but not their own!) for the U.S. based 'Stop Teenage Pregnancy' charity. His portraits just get more and more surreal...
Catherine Collins [London]:
Catherine Collins [London]:
Anton Watts' dynamic posters for Range Rover Sport are dominating megasites from Times Square to Sydney. He has shot the Audi Q7, Ford Interceptor, and Lexus LS 600h. They are currently in production with Mazda and VW. Look out for his new portfolio, coming soon - everything but cars.
Conor Masterson is up to his ears in bubbles for 7UP as well as recent shoots for Lloyds, PruHealth, Cadbury Schweppes and Carbon Trust.
Robert Wilson's relationship with Adidas and 180 continues to produce powerful ads. His portraits of the US Marines have won critical acclaim. Back home, they have shot campaigns for Tesco, CapitalOne and COI featuring Adam Hart-Davis.
Simon Page-Ritchie has been shooting for M&S, Hovis and Yell.com, while on the illustration side, Stephen Parkes ads for Knorr have entertained commuters.
Partners Maria Markellou, Lilian Ioannidou and Elena Liberopoulou created the first agency in Greece specialising in representing photographers, stylists, hair and make-up artists that were professionally active internationally.
Eight years after its creation, D-Tales offers a wide range of artists. In addition D-tales is a full service agency that offers extensive photo production services - for example, casting, location scouting, on-site coordination, studios, lights, digital post production etc - in the fields of advertising and fashion.
Esser Associates has been established in London for over 30 years representing photographers covering all aspects of photography.
- David Burgess has recently been spending time in the USA shooting for Ford including several CGI projects.
- Ashley Cameron has been very busy shooting for T Mobile and LTSB and recently returned from Italy where he was shooting for AT&T and Classico pasta sauces. He is currently working on a project in a large office space in London involving rockets, sandbags and crying babies.
- Ed Lee is as busy as ever and so far this year has shot for GM and Vauxhall in Spain, as well as Mercedes, Skoda, Harley Davidson and Land Rover in the UK. He is currently working on a worldwide campaign for Peroni.
- Esser's still life photographer is Dom Mowbray - he has had a good start to the year with campaigns for Clarks shoes, Skil power tools and Friskies pet food.
- Alister Thorpe had a month travelling around Australia shooting the new brochure for Land Rover Discovery. Since his return, he has been shooting for Toyota, Chrysler and Jaguar.
- Esser Associates are very pleased that Julian Abrams has just joined the agency with an unusual mix of landscapes and people.
The premise of Eurostock was to create a library featuring images from European assignment photographers who were never comfortable submitting their work to large stock houses. Not only have dozens of photographers embraced Eurostock's boutique approach but several requested assignment representation. Thus began two divisions: Stock and Assignment.
Eurostock Assignment features 13 assignment photographers from 10 different countries. Over 50 photographers have contributed personal and 'unlicensed' images to the Stock Division. The library is built upon quality, not quantity. Eurostock says that art directors have 'raved at the ease of searching and the quality and uniqueness of Eurostock's imagery'.
Marlene Ohlsson founded her agency in 1991.
She represents a select choice of photographers from various fields of photography.
Clients include Toyota, Audi, BMW, Mandarina Duck, Vichy, Coca Cola, Nivea, L'Oreal, Hugo Boss, Christian Dior, and many others.
Editorials include Elle, GQ, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Men's Health and Cartier.
Michele Filomeno is based in New York, Paris and Milan, and represents 14 internationally renowned photographers: Alexia Silvagni, Christophe Kutner, Claus Wickrath, David Ferrua, James Macari, Javier Vallhonrat, Juan Gatti, Peter Lindbergh, Philipp Von Hessen, Serge Barbeau, Sophie Delaporte, Stefano Galuzzi, and Tiziano Magni.
Recent editorials include: Elle, Vogue, Arena, New York Times, Flair, Harper's Bazaar and GK.
Latest campaigns: Lancôme Hypnôse, Saloni, Pirelli, Donna Karan, Trussardi, H&M, Rolex, Boss and Givenchy.
David Stewart has been busy shooting for Toyota and NSPCC with Richard Denney & Dave Henderson at Saatchi & Saatchi, and also with Dan McCormack & Luke Boggins at M&C Saatchi for ITV's 'Grease'.
George Kavanagh shot the image 'Ghosts' for Nic Broomfield, through 4creative, with Tag (thanks to Alex Howe for the gravestone photography).
George's 'Scaffold' series was successful in getting into the AOP awards.
Angus Fraser has been working on a personal project which has a highly narrative and cinematic feel 'Fight Club' is an image from this project.
Sara Morris has been shooting for Mars through AMV with Pete Davis a campaign which should be out very soon, her work for The Telegraph was shot through Clemmow Hornby Inge and art directed by Ewan Macmillan.
Jess Koppel has been shooting for McVitie's through Publicis with Stephen Glenn and also Solero with Gary Marjoram at McCann Erickson.
Carl Lyttle has been in France shooting the Nissan X-Trail teaser campaign with Nelson Zancato.
Paul Thompson shot a series for the Natural History Museum with Rob Fletcher at Isobel.
Rob White's 'Margarita' image was shot for Sainsbury's ready-mixed cocktail range.
Spencer Rowell has been working on an ongoing project for Investec through The Gate with Simon Cheshire.
Tim Morris is the latest addition. Regularly shooting in the UK and US, Tim's graphic, witty style has been described as 'observational still life at its most quirky'.
Louisa Parry has been shooting back-to-back - most recently, the Ariel 'Turn to 30 degrees' campaign shot for Saatchi's London, a new Sony Walkman campaign for WWAV and the recent McVitie's campaign for Publicis.
Dylan Collard has just finished shooting his latest personal project in the Yorkshire countryside, the theme is 'Weird and Wonderful', and is about placing odd events out of context in strange environments. Currently shooting a worldwide press campaign for Samsung through Leo Burnett.
Gareth Sambidge keeps busy with clients such as Davies Hall, Pentagram, Men's Health and Lewis Moberly as well as the upcoming show reels for Annex Films. Currently in pre-production for press ads for Clover.
Rainer Elstermann has been shooting internationally for Saatchi NY, and recently completed his 'Beauty Story' for German Men's fashion magazine Feld. TBWA London will also be hosting a foyer show of his 'Old Masters' personal project later this year.
Bill Robinson continues working with British Gas, keeping their library up to date. He is currently giving his portfolio a fresh up-to-date feel with help from graphic designers Studio Thomson.
In 1999, Rpresenter started as the first establishment in Turkey to connect advertising agencies with professional photographers. Since then, they report that they have produced more than 2000 ads in about 2600 days.
The agency represents 15 photographers, each covering different areas of advertising - such as automotive, beauty, fashion and liquids. Rpresenter also meets the production needs of all its photographers.
- Defne Sesin Okay, recently shot the Dove Campaign For Real Beauty campaigns for Turkey and Morocco
- Recently with Ogilvy & Mather Istanbul, Nejat Talas won the Silver Epica on Public Interest in the print category
- Zafer Kaptanoglu regularly works together with Coca-Cola and Pepsi in Turkey
- Tamer Hartevioglu collaborated with French Culture Ministry and Italian Culture Ministry for two separate exhibitions on panoramic photography
- Rainer Stratmann regularly shoots Mercedes Benz Trucks campaigns around the world.
Artist representative Tim Mitchell has created his own niche in the world of American advertising: he only represents European talent.
After 20 years of scouting and producing for a group of elite European photographers, Tim decided he had had more than his share of travelling. His eye for imagery led him to some of Europe's most talented photographers whom he now represents in the USA.
Although his primary role is finding creative assignments for his talent, he still oversees each production 'making sure nothing falls through the cracks'. Recent projects include:
- Andric shot for KeyBank, Weyerhaeuser, Hitachi and L.L. Bean
- Simon Puschmann is presently shooting the 2008 Chevy Corvette catalogue
- Robert Wilson recently shot seven ads for Visa
- Douglas Fisher is 'one of very few in the world working with new software that allows him to work in real time with CGI'
- Igor Panitz remains busy shooting for BMW North America
Tim recently launched Eurostock, a new division of his business dedicated to selling European stock photography. More information on this shortly...
Vue report an eventful, not to mention expansive and international, few months.
As well as a new member of staff in the office, landscape photographer Morgan Silk is now on the team. He was just in LA for Land Rover through RKCR Y&R, and South Africa for O2 through VCCP.
Other projects include:
- Garry Simpson was in South Africa for Land Rover for RKCR Y&R and then on to Namibia and Kenya for Canon through Tequila. He also shot Wayne Rooney for Nike through Wieden Kennedy, TV Licensing through AMV and VW through DDB Paris.
- Alan Powdrill has been busy shooting numerous campaigns in the US as well as V energy drinks for RKCR Y&R.
- Jonathan Minster shot on projects with VCCP for The Carbon Trust and O2 as well as for Lucozade Sport through M&C Saatchi.
- Tim Kent shot award-winning ads for Ford with Ogilvy, and is now shooting a big production including fire effects for Toyota through Saatchi & Saatchi London.
- Seamus Ryan has been shooting the Geek Squad for CHI and '500 laughing ladies' for BBH.
- Penny Cottee shot Bacardi for RKCR Y&R and an Evening Standard ad through The Law Firm.