Call for Entries - Breakthrough at the London UK Film Focus (LUFF)
Posted 3-03-2011, wanted
Now in its eighth year, the four-day export event will again provide a platform to celebrate and promote British films and talent to the international market. The strictly invitation-only event attracts 120 buyers from all world territories who come to see around 50 new British titles.
In addition to the screenings of new British films represented by UK sales agents, we also have the Breakthrough strand. This showcases feature projects from emerging British film-makers seeking sales representation and provides sales agents and international buyers from across the globe the chance to monitor upcoming talent.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMITTING A PROJECT TO THE BREAKTHROUGH STRAND OF LUFF 2011
1. Films must be full feature length and of theatrical nature and quality
2. Films must be ready for delivery by June 2011
3. Films must be predominantly British – for instance the film is set in the UK, characters are British or the subject matter informs the British experience, production and filming is based in the UK and/or cast, crew and/or producers come from the UK
4. As LUFF is a showcase for new films, priority will be given to those titles not seen at other festivals/markets.
SUBMITTING YOUR FILM
If you would like to submit your film to the Breakthrough strand please send a completed application form (www.filmlondon.org.uk/luff) and DVD of the film to:
Chloe Laing, Business Development Administrator
Suite 6.10, The Tea Building
56 Shoreditch High Street
London E1 6JJ
Deadline for Breakthrough submissions: Friday 25 March 2011
Packages post (or courier) marked on or before the deadline will be accepted.
If you wish to have your film considered for the Breakthrough strand of the London UK Film Focus please send us:
- a DVD copy of the film
- a completed application form with all requested information provided (available at www.filmlondon.org.uk/luff)
Please let us know if your film will be shown at any other film festivals or markets before June 2011.
It is likely you will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 8 April, and notification will be made by email. If your contact details change during this period please let us know so that we may update our records.
DVDs and application materials cannot be returned.
The panel’s decision is final. It is the London UK Film Focus policy not to offer comments or reasons for films not being selected for the programme.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
Selected titles will need to be supplied on a digi-beta format, subject to technical facilities and will incur a fee of £300 (plus VAT). This fee provides each successful company with two full accreditations to LUFF, affording delegate access to:
- All LUFF networking events
- The Delegate Centre at the BFI Southbank where you can meet sales agents and international buyers
- A list of sales agents attending LUFF 2011. Please note that as policy we do not provide a list of international buyers. Breakthrough is intended for the purpose of finding a sales agent, not to sell a film directly to an international buyer.
If you would like further information please contact Helena Mackenzie: email@example.com
The London UK Film Focus is funded and supported by Film London, the British Film Institute (BFI), Film Export UK, UK Trade & Investment and the London Development Agency.