NATIONAL ADVERTISING MANAGER/DIRECTOR
Posted 22-05-2015, offered
Industry: Advertising Agency, Other Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales
Job Requirements Crain is looking for a high-impact, no-nonsense Advertising Manager with experience selling national, digital accounts. We’re looking for someone who brings not only established relationships, but also a high energy level and a strong sense of entrepreneurship. Comfort and facility with audience analytics is a must, as well as experience selling newsletters, website, native and other digital advertising packages. The ability and desire to travel is necessary for this position.
The Advertising Manager will help set, execute and surpass revenue goals. We’re looking not just for a salesperson, but a true innovator who can help us create new advertising products and debut them in the market. Experience dealing with national accounts in the hotel, travel, tech, finance and insurance sectors is a plus.
At Crain, we empower success in our readers, the majority of whom are C-Suite executives and business decision makers.
This role could be based in NYC, LA, Chicago, or Detroit.
• Selling advertising in digital newsletters, websites and other digital products, with 5 years (minimum) of experience managing accounts
• Able to create effective sales strategies and understand and support profit goals
• Proactive and hands-on
• Understanding of digital ad operations processes
• Understanding the business customer base
• Researching market data and crafting individual regional strategies
• Developing and responding to proposals
• Ensuring ad quality and working to increase the ad quality coming into our brands
• Delivering high fill rates and optimize eCPMs in our brands
• Reading analytics and reacting to lessons learned from them
• Brand management & quality control
• Generating excitement for new products and being an enthusiastic brand ambassador
• Working independently, within a team and collaborating with upper management
• Creating and sharing new, creative ideas internally
• Setting an advertising calendar and acquisition strategy
• Maintaining relationships with current ad partners and developing future ones
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for 100 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please visit their website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section.