Photographic Production Co-ordinator
Posted 21-04-2015, offered
Remuneration: Negotiable, plus benefits dependant on experience.
Work permit: We are able to assist with a work permit if necessary, so foreign applicants are encouraged.
10-4 Africa is a boutique stills production company based in Cape Town, South Africa. 10-4 Africa services higher-end fashion brands and advertising agencies from around the world. We have had five very successful seasons thus far and now seek the services of a seasoned Production Coordinator to help manage our steadily increasing workload. Your main role would be to support the Executive Producers’ day-to-day operational demands, including simultaneous multi-production planning. 10-4 Africa has built their reputation on client relations and holds this in very high regard.
In addition to the still company, 10-4 Films is currently being set up. While the Production Coordinator’s main responsibility would be to the stills company, they may have the opportunity to assist with Production Coordinating in the film company as well. As such, preference may be given to applicants with experience in the film industry.
Depending on the size of the production, the Production Coordinator may delegate tasks to one or more Assistant Production Coordinators and to a number of Production Runners.
- Ordering equipment and supplies.
- Coordinating travel, transportation, accommodation, restaurants, work permits, ATA carnets and visas for cast and crew.
- Optioning locations, models, motorhomes, props and any other departments required for the production.
- Preparing and distributing location and model presentations, shoot schedules, crew and cast lists, and call-sheets.
- Ordering and collecting of equipment and booking personnel, once the Executive Producers have negotiated acceptable terms.
- Organizing and processing paperwork related to insurance cover for the production.
- Calendar management, keeping production planning organized and ensuring that staff, freelancers, vendors and all individuals associated with the production know their roles, responsibilities and schedules.
- Assisting with other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Producers.
- Preparing, updating and distributing crew lists, daily progress reports, call sheets and movement orders.
- Ensuring that all transportation needs are arranged and communicated including lighting, props and wardrobe and any other equipment required on the production.
- Ensuring that all facets of preparing set correctly are completed prior to client arriving on set, that client needs are met throughout the day, and that set is left in an acceptable condition with all equipment accounted for. This includes management of the on-set caterers, motorhome, gazebos for catering, glamour team, wardrobe, client green room and digi-station, and ensuring power supply to each department with correct adaptors.
- The Production Coordinator must also act as a crew member on productions as needed and to supervise clients, crew and the production team.
- Assisting the Executive Producers to "wrap" the production by closing accounts with suppliers, requesting supplier invoices and ensuring correct billing details are on invoices, logging all invoices and receipts onto the accounting system, returning surplus stock, cleaning and keeping an inventory of production equipment.
- Finalizing all other loose ends pertaining to the production and ensuring that office files are stored safely, and in a suitable format, so that other personnel when required can easily access information.
Part of the Production Coordinator’s role would be to assist with marketing, specifically new client research across all territories (UK, Europe, USA etc). This includes but is not limited to advertising agencies (art buyers/art directors/creative directors), magazines (fashion editors/bookings editors), photographers/photo agencies, creative agencies, and direct clients (catalogues, swimwear companies, other fashion apparel).
This would include the overseeing of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, GoSee, Production Paradise, as well as updating the company website with published work.
- 3 years experience in stills production or 2 years senior experience in stills production coordinating.
- Additional experience in film production would be beneficial.
- Excellent people and communication skills. Proficiency in a foreign language a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel.
- Organized, self-disciplined and self-motivated with the ability to comprehend extensive production operations and schedules.
- Meticulous attention to detail while balancing multiple projects with changing deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to be ‘on-call’ and able to travel from time to time.
- Willing and able to work flexible schedules including evenings, overnights, and most weekends and holidays.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees and clients.
- Passionate about stills and film production and the advertising industry as a whole.
- A valid work permit is not required: we are able to assist with a work permit if necessary, and foreign applicants are encouraged.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to both Scott@10-4africa.com and Rob@10-4africa.com by 10 May 2015.
Only successful short listed applicants will be notified. We reserve the right not to make an appointment