Texture Artist / Modeler
Posted 21-08-2013, offered
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Please do not call, visit or contact employer directly.
VFX : Visual Effects
Pay / Salary
Annual Salary : $1.01 - $2.02
SPIN VFX TORONTO IS RECRUITING FOR
TEXTURE ARTIST / MODELER
This position is to commence September 3, 2013, or earlier, if possible.
With an emphasis on the aesthetics and techniques of photo-realistic effects, the texture artist will be responsible for creating photo-real texture and relevant maps. These will be rendered using established industry tested rendered software and proprietary renderers.
A strong understanding of real world materials is essential and must be demonstrated in the work on your reel.
Texture Artists / Modelers work closely with the shading and lighting artists. Therefore a thorough knowledge of each discipline must be demonstrated.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- able to demonstrate proficiency in creating photo-realistic textures
- help establish suitable working techniques for the members of your team
- work in conjunction with the production team (producer, VFX Supervisor,
CG supervisor) to establish schedules and technical requirements
- work in partnership with lighters and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- develop and manage textures for production pipeline
- produce production 3D models in high and low res format
- manage quality of 3D models and textures for production use
- experience lighting and rendering 3D objects an asset
- a minimum of 7 years experience
- experience using Autodesk Maya, Mari, Z-Brush, Mudbox, Photoshop
- successful completion of a Visual Effects or Computer Animation Program from a recognized Institution
- strong artistic skills
- a traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work and environments would be an asset
- experience with Maya texturing methodologies
- working knowledge of multi-pass rendering, lighting, matchmoving and NURBS modeling would be an asset
- experience in Mari, zBrush and Mudbox a must
- photo realistic painter/sculptor experience
- experienced photoshop layout/texture artist
- experience working on feature films and/or television series required
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
• Please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website to: email@example.com
• Demo reels must include a shot breakdown that indicates exactly what aspects of the shot were your responsibility.
• Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
• Please include position applying for in subject of email
• Canadian residency only please.
• Only qualified applicants will be contacted
• No phone calls or drop-ins please.