Visual Specialist at Mango
Posted 21-07-2016, offered
They’re looking for a Social Media Visual Specialist to join Mango's social media team.
This role is central to our content team, where you will be responsible for bringing to life the strategic territories and content pillars developed by our Social Media Strategist, from concept to production.
The ideal candidate will have a solid base of practical skills such as photography; videography; styling; design - while also having a strategic thought process around the content execution.
They're looking for someone who understands the role and execution of content in the social media space, who loves creating great engaging content and fits well with the culture of the company. You are a good communicator who thrives in a collaborative culture. A successful candidate for this position enjoys a challenge, is a great problem solver and has a can-do, positive attitude.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB LOOK LIKE DAY-TO-DAY?
· Being crafty and solutions focused to create settings to photograph for social
· Styling products (including food – cooking skills would be advantageous!) and small sets to photograph/video
· Shooting and editing video
· Using your creativity and practicality to advise how to get the best result, in limited time
· Photo-imaging – image manipulation
· Sketching and conceptualising visual assets for team and clients
· Working with Content and Community Manager strategically to create best visuals to accompany copy
· Flexing your photography, styling and Photoshop skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Skills in photography, videography, styling, design
· Proficient in design, image and motion editing tools (i.e. Adobe creative suite)
· The ability to art direct and produce content
· Ability to create ‘Quick Quality’ content
· In depth knowledge how content works in the social media space
· Ability to ensure content is on brand and optimised for social media
· Understanding of content production timeframes
· Ability to juggle multiple brands and projects
· Attention to detail and excellent time management is a must
· Ability to take specific, prescriptive briefs and execute in a timely manner, as well as ability to conceptualise visual content
· Ideally experience working on social media content development in conjunction with broader marketing disciplines including PR, experiential and ATL
· Ability to work to both prescriptive briefs and open creative briefs
· A can-do attitude – not afraid to roll up your sleeves and use your ingenuity to achieve great results